Lions 9 @ Calgary 35 -- Post Game Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Out managed.  

Out coached.

Out played.

Top tier team vs a team that has been sliding down the slope.  14-4 vs 7-11.

We played it safe last week.  This week we were out matched.  We took penalties seemingly on each kick return. 

Who leaves?  Harris?  Arceneaux? Lulay?
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Sackmaster
prospect

westcoast joe you got it 100 percent right! Mark Washington is a 2nd fiddle defensive co ordinator and we should not renew or offer contracts to Harris and Lulay, but keep Manny. Go out and get a young import big running back and get an old school d coach. How bout bring coach Benevides back? We need more aggression up front, but the future is good with Jennings and Sol comming back
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:Out managed.  

Out coached.

Out played.

Top tier team vs a team that has been sliding down the slope.  14-4 vs 7-11.

We played it safe last week.  This week we were out matched.  We took penalties seemingly on each kick return. 

Who leaves?  Harris?  Arceneaux? Lulay?
Sums it up. Hoping coach Tedford returns with HIS guys. Buh bye Andrew, don't let the door hit your butt. Moody Manny, trade him or just plain cut him. Maybe we need 5 American O-line (little bit of sarcasm here) to get any sort of running attack. Feature Rainey in the backfield, or find a RB who runs north/south. They are a dime a dozen down south. I agree with most of you, the ST coach needs to go.
InUrFace
Rookie

Washington needs to be fired .. I think Wally was in his ear for this game and how to play it. Conservative and 3 man rush doesnt put pressure on a QB .. no stunts or real blitz packages. Cortez well thats another OC needs to go. Wally has had a good run but i think hes over his head being GM now. Skulsky he needs to be fired to old and only cares about what he likes and not the fans.
Jeff well like to see him and how he is with a good OC and DC by his side which are original and aggressive with an attack. This year we see one thing positive ....Jennings. Even though he messed up tonight with one throw. He is the future.Hope his injury aint bad. Near mid 4th Q he had no sling so thats a good sign.
I cant see Harris being back. EA I think he'll try free agency. As Wally probably likes whats on the practice roster. Lulay be gone. Wally better forget his vacation he has lots to do at his desk. Wish he just step aside and step down. Needs to go. Yet we all know he wont do that.
Great season in some sense but growing pains more less. As for fans its been a headache. Which now need a change. It better come next season.
Like to say thanks for all the peeps on here every week and every game. Been interesting .. On to 2016
Merry Xmas Happy NY and all the best to you all. Im out!!!!
CardiacKid
Legend

It was a funny game, the margin of victory was really not truly indicative of how it went down. Yes, full credit to the Stamps, they were most deserving. But the Lions simply weren't able to overcome their mistakes. Sometimes you can match the flawed with the exceptional and balance it out. But not today...the big play was absent and when the Lions screwed up, the Stamps took advantage.

Aside from Jennings going down, I think the key was Rob Maver's excellent punting and the downfield coverage of Calgary's STs; Rainey couldn't get on track and the Lion's didn't seem to get a short field from the 2nd quarter on....

Well, will Tedford continue on and have a longer start towards next year? Does the team need to adopt a tear-down or tweak attitude? Myself I need a breather.....
The_Pauser
Legend

Pathetic game which highlighted a lot of coaching and personnel issues. This is just a bad football team that got into the playoffs because we were lucky enough to play Saskatchewan three times this year.

Poorly coached game. Everything from kneeing it to end the first half when we had the ball at midfield and were trailing, to kicking a field goal late in the game when we needed 3 majors (and the FG still kept it a 3 major game), to not being able to get the play calls in to the offense quick enough to conserve time.

Lulay, I would bring back as a backup. Groom him for a coaching role and help use him to develop Jennings and another young QB.

Harris can go to Winnipeg. I'm done with him. He's not a game changer anymore.

Arceneaux should be back but I doubt he will be. He's our top receiver and he's a star, but we only targeted him 4 times all game. Absolutely pathetic play calling here.

I want all of our coordinators fired. They are clearly below par for what is expected and really put us at a disadvantage. Wally and Dennis's contracts can't expire soon enough either.
Roar you Lions roar!
InUrFace
Rookie

Washington needs to be fired .. I think Wally was in his ear for this game and how to play it. Conservative and 3 man rush doesnt put pressure on a QB .. no stunts or real blitz packages. Cortez well thats another OC needs to go. Wally has had a good run but i think hes over his head being GM now. Skulsky he needs to be fired to old and only cares about what he likes and not the fans. Mcmann should be a given and gone by tomorrow if Wally was a real GM.
Jeff well like to see him and how he is with a good OC and DC by his side which are original and aggressive with an attack. This year we see one thing positive ....Jennings. Even though he messed up tonight with one throw. He is the future.Hope his injury aint bad. Near mid 4th Q he had no sling so thats a good sign.
I cant see Harris being back. EA I think he'll try free agency. As Wally probably likes whats on the practice roster. Lulay be gone. Wally better forget his vacation he has lots to do at his desk. Wish he just step aside and step down. Needs to go. Yet we all know he wont do that.
Great season in some sense but growing pains more less. As for fans its been a headache. Which now need a change. It better come next season.
Like to say thanks for all the peeps on here every week and every game. Been interesting .. On to 2016
Merry Xmas Happy NY and all the best to you all. Im out!!!!
Don Miller
Legend

:dizzy: Two years in a row the Lions get embarrassed. O line once again not good enough. Too many penalties, poor tackling on Messam. Special Teams once again not good enough, field position in our own end all day. Lulay is done, can't run out of trouble anymore. Too bad Jennings was injured. Lack of discipline Bazzie has been there before. Clarke clearly outmatched. Big changes needed starting at the top. I am not renewing my tickets for sure. 6 Hour jaunt from Chilliwack. At least Leone got all three field goals today. Should be quite an off season. There will be a lot of people holding back on season tickets for next year. I doubt Harris and or Arceneaux are back.
Peanut Butter Joe/Willie Show
whatadisgrace
prospect

This team and organization has become a total disgrace, as was this season. Time for Wally, Tedford (entire coaching staff and front office), along with Lulay are need to go. ******** pathetic.

I can only imagine what The great legendary Bobby Ackles (R.I.P.) must be thinking right now at what's happened to the Lions. All the hard work he did to turn the Lions around has been undone, and Wally is largely to blame for it.

Totally disgusting and disgraceful at the state of this team.

On another note, what is with the censorship on here and having to review threads/posts?
almo89
Legend

It appears that it doesn't matter who we have on the coaching staff whether it's Tedford, Benny, Stubler, Washington, Chapdelaine, Mcmann or Khari Jones, it looks eerily similar to some of those Wally teams in the past.
CardiacKid
Legend

Where would I find a list of upcoming free agents? Might as well combine my Christmas shopping with my Lion's wish list....
dupsdell1
Champion

Ha ha ha. Told you guys so lilns suck here in Seattle were the place is packed and loud . watch the attendance go down to 15 k. Next year what a joke of a team league and franchise . good bye suvkets I am watching the real league

[This poster has been banned. -- Mod Staff]
maxlion
Legend

dupsdell1 wrote:Ha ha ha. Told you guys so lilns suck here in Seattle were the place is packed and loud . watch the attendance go down to 15 k. Next year what a joke of a team league and franchise . good bye suvkets I am watching the real league
Who are you calling a "suvket"? :shock:
Kamloops Lion
All Star

dupsdell1 wrote:Ha ha ha. Told you guys so lilns suck here in Seattle were the place is packed and loud . watch the attendance go down to 15 k. Next year what a joke of a team league and franchise . good bye suvkets I am watching the real league
For a Christmas gift, I am buying you some grammar.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

You're welcome. I would encourage those of you who are old enough to see how this offseason compares to the 2003-2004 offseason. That will serve as a template to what kind of progress we make as a franchise.

Let the changes begin.
Postby dupsdell1 » 11/15/15 09:11
Ha ha ha. Told you guys so lilns suck here in Seattle were the place is packed and loud . watch the attendance go down to 15 k. Next year what a joke of a team league and franchise . good bye suvkets I am watching the real league
You know, I can be more cynical than most, and I can even just outright dislike and ridicule some people personally. But you know how I know when someone's presence is no longer necessary?