Playoffs Predictions Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Blitz
Team Captain

Ottawa 24
Hamilton 16

Edmonton 21
Calgary 18
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Ottawa 26 Hamilton 19
Edmonton 22 Calgary 20
maxlion
Legend

Lionbackers had a more successful week in predicting winners in the divisional finals, going a combined 6-2 on the week. Congratulations lionbackers!

Solar Max and Blitz both went 2-0, while B.C.FAN and I went 1-1.

In terms of predicting scores, here's how it laid out (remember that the lower the number, the closer you were to the actual results--that is, the number represents a cumulative difference between actual and predicted scores):

maxlion - 37
Solar Max - 52
Blitz - 60
B.C.FAN - 68

I am going to announce Solar Max as the winner of Week 2 on the basis of correctly predicting both winners and coming second in the scores. That's 2 weeks in a row for Solar Max. Let's see if we can knock off the champ this week!

Combined scores for week 1 & 2, for those that participated in both rounds, are as follows:

Solar Max - 4-0, 76
Maxlion - 2-2, 73
Blitz - 2-2, 97
B.C.FAN - 2-2, 116

Only one game this week, but it's a big one!

Edmonton Eskimos vs. Ottawa Redblacks
Sun 1PM ET / 10AM PT on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5

My prediction:
Edm 37 Ott 35

Edmonton was dominant last week, but Ottawa showed that they can put points on the board too. Both teams have excellent quarterbacks, while Edmonton has the edge on defense. I'm predicting a classic finish between two deserving teams.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

10amPT? That must be when the pregame coverage kicks off. I can't recall the last time the game itself wasn't at 3pmPT.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm go against my heart in this one but I'd be happy to be wrong:
Edmonton 35
Ottawa 12
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Heart says Ottawa but my head says Edmonton
CardiacKid
Legend

Ottawa all the way! My heart says so but I believe (IMO) that an Ottawa win will benefit the league as a whole far more than an Edmonton win.

I have to believe an Ottawa win will help strengthen the East division, will improve fan interest back east, will help the Lion's gate receipts when Ottawa comes to town and help bolster TV ratings.

Plus I can't stand Edmonton....never liked them and never will. I hope this plays out much like '81 except with a different result....the cocky, arrogant and disrespectful Esks take the RedBlacks lightly and go down big-time in the first half and never recover. It is almost too bad the Stamps made the Esks think twice about celebrating early last weekend because I totally can see those arrogant SOBs start celebrating early if they get out to an early lead and then be made to pay.

Sorry but I was embarrassed to see the Esks behaving the way they did in the 3rd quarter against the Stamps. It is one thing to be certain in your abilities but entirely another to disrespect your opponent the blatant way they did. I hope Deon Lacey winds up being the goat in an Edmonton loss.

So just to be clear....go RedBlacks! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Blitz
Team Captain

I`m pulling for Ottawa. I would also love to see Solar Max celebrating after this game.

Ottawa became my favorite team due to watching Russ Jackson, Ron Stewart, and Whit Tucker play when I was young.

The odds say Edmonton. Their defense is terrific and Reilly looks very good right now. But this Cinderella story of Ottawa and Henry Burris and HC Campbell would be wonderful ending with a Grey Cup victory. Jason Maas brought in a modified West Coast offence to Ottawa this season. Not an easy offence to learn.

I`m going 24-21 Ottawa. Sometimes I have to go with my heart rather than my head. Hopefully the football gods concur. :wink:
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I like Mike, so Esks by a bunch.