New BC Lions Jersey for 2016

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

Heard a rumour at tonight's game from a highly placed source (okay she was sitting in the row above us) that there will be a third jersey released this year. Apparently it will be mostly black....perhaps a nod to the gun metal jerseys that I would say was easily the most plentiful in the stands tonight. Still lovin' mine, especially now it is rock in' a Tagge nameplate.
almo89
Legend

CardiacKid wrote:Heard a rumour at tonight's game from a highly placed source (okay she was sitting in the row above us) that there will be a third jersey released this year. Apparently it will be mostly black....perhaps a nod to the gun metal jerseys that I would say was easily the most plentiful in the stands tonight. Still lovin' mine, especially now it is rock in' a Tagge nameplate.
If they bring back the gun metals, we will officially have the coolest and most modern looking jersey set in the league. In comparison the the stamps didn't take the chance to come up with something more retro and kept basically a similar design from the previous Reeboks along with the ugly black helmet that doesn't match up well with their road unis
Alputt
Champion

Excited to hear there will be a possible 3rd jersey... I hope there is a cool "Black Out" event like when they introduced the gun metals.

I don't think I will ever really warm to the helmet logo but I am over it. New uni's are growing on me maybe I am just getting older and resistant to change!

Black helmet much better than away version. Has kind of a metallic shine in real life I didn't see in online pictures.
maxlion
Legend

The new outfits grew on me and certainly look better with the matching helmets. Now if they could only find gear for the coaches that uses the same updated colours and logo. :dizzy:
Qman
Champion

New helmets look so good in person. the pearl glossy orange colored chess logo looks good .. way better than orange version. Just where the black helments all the time.

All black jerseys would be better too. holding out for all black 3rd.
Last edited by Qman on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qman
Champion

maxlion wrote:The new outfits grew on me and certainly look better with the matching helmets. Now if they could only find gear for the coaches that uses the same updated colours and logo. :dizzy:
havent changed the logo ... the chess piece is just a kinda homage to michigan panthers (most popular uni in the USFL) ... its not a new logo.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Must admit, those new jerseys especially with the black helmets are looking better.
chwk_lionsfan
Rookie

TheLionKing wrote:Must admit, those new jerseys especially with the black helmets are looking better.
Yeah, they're starting to grow on me.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

chwk_lionsfan wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Must admit, those new jerseys especially with the black helmets are looking better.
Yeah, they're starting to grow on me.
I dislike them even more than I did initially. The black numbers on the dark orange background are too hard to see on video, and they're even tough to pick up from a distance in the stadium. It's not the back-on-black nightmare of the gun-metal jerseys but the orange is too dark to be used with black numbers.
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I think they look great actually. And I like the helmet. This kind of reminds me of when the Seahawks came out with their very unique uniform and the brighter green. Not everyone was on board then, but now everyone loves them.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

the jersey and the helmet would be ok on any other team at any other level, but they don't represent the lions to me
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
maxlion
Legend

Qman wrote:
maxlion wrote:The new outfits grew on me and certainly look better with the matching helmets. Now if they could only find gear for the coaches that uses the same updated colours and logo. :dizzy:
havent changed the logo ... the chess piece is just a kinda homage to michigan panthers (most popular uni in the USFL) ... its not a new logo.
Call it whatever you like. The team symbol on the helmet doesn't match the team symbol of all the guys on the sidelines. And the colour is different too.
Qman
Champion

its the same colour orange. Its just and optical illusion if you place the same colour with black and same colour with white, it looks different. The dipstick they hired to design the unis should have known that was going to be an issue.

Otherwise:
i like the pearl orange on the black helmets.
chess piece is ok too. I like how they did an homage and then also modernized it. Its a trend in football now not to just on stick your logo on the helmet. Have something different.

Would have liked all black look with orange number. a logo or paw on the shoulders (CFL removed the TV number requirement this year -- HDTV is probably the reason) instead of TV number.

Hope they go Black helmet and black pants on the road eventually. We will see how the Orange & white look is this week in hamilton.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:
Qman wrote:
Call it whatever you like. The team symbol on the helmet doesn't match the team symbol of all the guys on the sidelines. And the colour is different too.
Not sure if this is better suited to the marketing thread, but yeah, it's weird that the "new" helmet logo is non-existent anywhere else. Is that the official (or an official) logo or isn't it?

I was scouring the merch tables for a new logo car decal or car flag or anything for that matter and there's nothing. Very odd.

And can I say vis a vis the new jerseys, what's the deal with the orange nameplate cloth overlapping into the black shoulder patch area? It looks sloppy and as if it were hurriedly stitched on last-minute like. I could see if a guy has a really long name (although, why not arch it baseball style?) but even a short name overlaps. Looks bad and needs to be fixed IMO. Does no one at the Lions own some fabric scissors?

Also, why is the sleeve of the replica jersey completely different from the actual jersey the players wear? On the replica, the shoulder number is way way lower and the orange stripe is completely different. It's not a shoulder pad stretching issue making it seem to look different. They are totally different. I'm holding off the idea of getting one until this issue is fixed as well.
Qman
Champion

Lions4ever wrote: Not sure if this is better suited to the marketing thread, but yeah, it's weird that the "new" helmet logo is non-existent anywhere else. Is that the official (or an official) logo or isn't it?

I was scouring the merch tables for a new logo car decal or car flag or anything for that matter and there's nothing. Very odd.

And can I say vis a vis the new jerseys, what's the deal with the orange nameplate cloth overlapping into the black shoulder patch area? It looks sloppy and as if it were hurriedly stitched on last-minute like. I could see if a guy has a really long name (although, why not arch it baseball style?) but even a short name overlaps. Looks bad and needs to be fixed IMO. Does no one at the Lions own some fabric scissors?

Also, why is the sleeve of the replica jersey completely different from the actual jersey the players wear? On the replica, the shoulder number is way way lower and the orange stripe is completely different. It's not a shoulder pad stretching issue making it seem to look different. They are totally different. I'm holding off the idea of getting one until this issue is fixed as well.
the season ticket package included the new helmet car decal.

Hated the nameplate when the jerseys came out. Just make your name font smaller or thinner. Now i've come to the conclusion that they didn't screw up and it is done on purpose to make every players cut jersey look the same. Other teams have alot smaller name plates. if you see shaq's jeresey you will see why they had to do this. still think they should have gone to smaller font like they have in ncaa

if you take the replica and pinch the shoulder just above the number and pull it up to the collar and press it down, thats essentially the players cut. I think everyone knows replica is designed to fit a fan and players cut is designed to keep in shoulder pads. The players cut is basically doing what the trainers were customizing the jerseys anyways by folding up the shoulders and re-sewing the shoulder. Players cut wouldn't be that comfortable for a fan ... you basically feel like your wearing a baggy tank top.
Last edited by Qman on Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.