New BC Lions Jersey for 2016

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

squishy35
Legend

quote="Lionsfan65"]
squishy35 wrote::beer: http://www.bclions.com/2016/04/30/bc-li ... -teaser-4/

More Trailers..... Adam Bighill is the Star. Liking the helmet stripe
Looks sort of similar to the black alternates that we had in the mid 2000's, which, if I'm not mistaken were based off of the 1960's unis.

Black helmet and black pants with an orange stripe, black jersey with solid orange numbers and orange stripe on the sleeve.

Looks pretty cool if I do say so myself. :cool:[/quote]

CardiacKid
Legend

Hambone wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:Just read a tweet that is talking about a rumour the new RedBlacks uniform will feature a hashtag for RNation running down the leg. If hashtags are going to decorate the new Adidas uniforms amongst all the teams, all I can say is "eeeewwwwww".......
Don't you mean #eeeewwwwww? :wink:
The RedBlacks do in fact have a hashtag on their new uni's....

#eeeeeewwwwwwwwww! :thdn:

By the Spirit of Annis Stukus I hope they are they only team with them # :cr:
CardiacKid
Legend

The jerseys will be unveiled tomorrow morning on CTV Morning Live at 8:40. Biggie and Manny will do the modelling.

Edit: And at 8:20 tomorrow morning on Breakfast Television, Shawn Gore and Jason Arakgi will also be modelling the new jerseys and discussing training camp.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CardiacKid wrote:The jerseys will be unveiled tomorrow morning on CTV Morning Live at 8:40. Biggie and Manny will do the modelling.

Edit: And at 8:20 tomorrow morning on Breakfast Television, Shawn Gore and Jason Arakgi will also be modelling the new jerseys and discussing training camp.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch with interest but I won't be buying a new jersey, whether I like it or not. I have two orange jerseys and a white one that I use for autographs. That should be enough to last for the rest of my life.
CardiacKid
Legend

B.C.FAN wrote:
CardiacKid wrote:The jerseys will be unveiled tomorrow morning on CTV Morning Live at 8:40. Biggie and Manny will do the modelling.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch with interest but I won't be buying a new jersey, whether I like it or not. I have two orange jerseys and a white one that I use for autographs. That should be enough to last for the rest of my life.
It will be sort of interesting to see how much the new jerseys may or may not depart from what the teams wore last year. A photo of the new Ti-Cats jersey leaked onto the Internet and other than the obvious changes to the CFL logo and manufacturer logo, the difference is pretty marginal. The trim on the collar changed and that is about it if I remember correctly; I had to look quite intently to notice any change.

The Bombers are returning to Royal Blue but that was announced a while ago.

The Riders are apparently going "all-pickle"; a look that has Darian Durant less than enthused and sharing his dislike with the Twitterverse.

Myself, I will probably buy one despite the arguments my wife or the rational side of my brain will pose. :juggle: I think a pro-stitched one with "Lokombo" on the nameplate; just to complete my collection of linebacker jerseys.
Spud387
Champion

B.C.FAN wrote:

I don't like memorabilia much, but i love jerseys. I have 7 jerseys so far so you know I'll be getting one :)
(Essentially I have every jersey since their 50th anniversary one was released excluding their latest White jersey which was only a slight redesign over their previous one.)
squishy35
Legend

squishy35
Legend

Spud387 wrote:
B.C.FAN wrote:

I don't like memorabilia much, but i love jerseys. I have 7 jerseys so far so you know I'll be getting one :)
(Essentially I have every jersey since their 50th anniversary one was released excluding their latest White jersey which was only a slight redesign over their previous one.)
https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/7307 ... ge_code=en
Spud387
Champion

Last edited by Spud387 on Thu May 12, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
squishy35
Legend

Spud387
Champion

My Thoughts:

Home Jersey
Good:
- Like the colour combo, lots of orange and black.
- Utilizing the new design options
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the redesign of the helmet logo.
Bad:
- Do not like how the namebar orange overlaps into the black shoulder.
- Not the biggest fan of how the front orange gets blended into the collar (minor, personal preference)
- No shoulder logos, paw print no where to be found
- BC Lions logo on the small of the back?? bleh.
Away Jersey
Good:
- Again, utilizing the new design options was nice to see
- LOVE the redesign of the helmet logo.
Bad:
- Oh sweet god, bleh, those colours. Get some black in there, do not like seeing straight orange on white.
- Again, do not like how the namebar orange overlaps into the shoulder.
- Again, no shoulder logos, paw print no where to be found
- BC Lions logo on the small of the back?? bleh.

IMHO, mediocre overall. Home jersey ok, but definitely some weird design choices. Straight out do not like having zero black on away jersey (even to border the numbers).
Last edited by Spud387 on Thu May 12, 2016 8:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

The burnt orange colour actually looks burnt.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
squishy35
Legend

Winnipeg, Lions and the Riders did well.
CardiacKid
Legend

Might be just how my computer is showing the away jersey but is the orange looking more like red?

I appreciate the direction they went in but not sure if I really like it or not. I like the reworking of the logo on the helmet; still respectful of its previous appearance but now it connotes movements and isn't nearly so static looking.

I think it will grow on me......
Kamloops Lion
All Star

I am a traditionalist and still cling to the unis of the 1960s to 1980s, but these new ones are pretty damn sweet.