Riders @ Lions Oct 3, 2015 -- Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Attendance 24,554
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Why are thr Lions putting Craig Roh on the hands team?
My understanding, and not sure how correct this is or to what extent this is the usual MO around the league but it's based on how I recall hearing Rick Ball explain it when was still doing pbp, is that the Lions' "hands team" in recent years isn't simply a whole bunch of backs and receivers. Rather they generally have only two or three players assigned to actually go after the ball — Paris Jackson was one of the primary hands guys to draw this assignment in his last couple years here when he did little else — while the rest of the guys have blocking assignments to help set up the receiver with a less contested opportunity at coming down with possession. So I guess Roh would fill the blocking role.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rocko604
Rookie

Wish I recorded that game because I don't for expect for one second to see the same type of offense next week. :bang:
Alputt
Champion

OK a little late to the party, had an AWESOME time at BC Place then headed out for a few in D/T Vancouver.

I am on the Jennings band-wagon, his ability to escape pressure and make plays was amazing.

Most entertaining game so far this year... Great crowd.

More like this please!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sure is nice to see Rider fans sitting on their hands all night.
Alputt
Champion

I'll say, although they cam to life late in the fourth, too little too late though.
dupsdell1
Champion

Alputt wrote:I'll say, although they cam to life late in the fourth, too little too late though.

way too little too late should have started this guy back in august no worry's he will in the NFL the real football league next year
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Rocko604 wrote:Wish I recorded that game because I don't for expect for one second to see the same type of offense next week. :bang:
It looked to me like a lot of Jennings roll outs were not planned. Otoh we actually witnessed a trick play by the Lions on Collie's TD pass to Jennings. The play even included a direct snap to Harris...amazing. This might have been the first attempt this season by the Lions to actually fool the other team and it worked. :dizzy: Well the play was successful but I'm not sure that the Riders go fooled, just out played.
maxlion
Legend

Rocko604 wrote:Wish I recorded that game because I don't for expect for one second to see the same type of offense next week. :bang:
Can't play the riders every week. :wink:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dupsdell1 wrote:
Alputt wrote:I'll say, although they cam to life late in the fourth, too little too late though.

way too little too late should have started this guy back in august no worry's he will in the NFL the real football league next year

The "expert" has spoken.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

rb wrote:In the old days I used to sort of feel bad when the Riders got beat down; now I enjoy watching them get pummelled more than any other team. Have a nice winter. :beer:
Well, it has certainly toned down the rhetoric and insufferable team man love that used to be the average Rider fan. Still, as much as I have been unhappy with our team, it must be even tougher to be a Rider fan these days. Not that I am feeling sorry for them. They kind of buzz killed themselves with that Canada's Favourite Team and Best Fans stuff. All may have been true to some degree but it is a fine line between pride and just sounding like a dick hole and for awhile it seemed there were too many of the latter.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.