Jonathan Jennings Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rocko604
Rookie

This is Jennings 5th, count it 5TH, pro club since 2014. He was cut by the Chiefs, Lions, Packers and Roughriders, all in 2014. So it's not like the NFL scouts have no clue who he is. They are very well aware of him. Not to mention if he did stick it in the NFL, he be at best a 3rd string/practice roster player. Even then, it wouldn't be next year anyways as he has a contract. NFL teams just can't buy them out.

James Franklin goes to the NFL before Jennings does, simply based on scouts' love affair with FBS programs.

And before you google him, because I doubt you know who I'm talking about, James Franklin is a QB for the Edmonton Eskimos. The Edmonton Eskimos are a team in the CFL. Edmonton is in the province Alberta.
Rodu
Champion

peeby wrote:I seem to recall that a CFL team whipped a team from the NFL last time they played.
que?
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rodu wrote:
peeby wrote:I seem to recall that a CFL team whipped a team from the NFL last time they played.
que?
Back in the late 50s early 60s there were a couple of exhibition games played between CFL and NFL teams.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
pennw
Legend

Hambone wrote:
Rodu wrote:
que?
Back in the late 50s early 60s there were a couple of exhibition games played between CFL and NFL teams.
And both leagues are vastly different since then . In those days NFL was not the big money league they are today. The CFL was competive with them for players then . Was not Joe Kapp here even though the NFL wanted him at the time ?
pennw
Legend

dawg3648 wrote:First off ***** (no name calling please - MODS) his name is spelled Jennings. Not Jennyings....why are you still allowed on this board? You're a classic troll who spews constant negativity when on the off chance you are even able to form a proper sentence. This is Lions and CFL board..you have made it clear that you are an NFL fan and that league is superior. So why do you continue to come on here? The best Lions game in years and an obvious new star was born yesterday and you twist it around telling everyone he's gone next year. You have been warned in the past and I now request, once again, that you be removed once and for all from this board. Don't your Seahawks have a board that you can go and share your deep wisdom of football. Please just get the hell out of here.
You should perhaps also re-read that thread as well .
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

dawg3648 wrote: Don't your Seahawks have a board that you can go and share your deep wisdom of football. Please just get the hell out of here.
He has nothing to offer than talk about attendance ........and perhaps NOISE
zeppo
Starter

dupsdell1 wrote:He is the next Russell Wilson of the NFL there is no way NFL teams will pass up on this guy he has the arm of a cannon he can scramble
Uh....three NFL teams worked him out, and then passed on him. That's why he ended up in CFL.
JohnHenry
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Rodu wrote:
que?
After the Ticats beat the Buffalo Bills in 1962, the American leagues refused to play the CFL again. Much like the War of 1812, when a ragtag group of British, French and Indians had the massive American invasion force in full retreat. The Canadians, despite being outnumbered 10 to 1, chased the Yanks back to Washington and proceeded to burn their capitol to the ground. The U.S. never again dared to invade Canada despite it being the longest "undefended" border in the world. Same as the NFL Bills invasion of Canada. The populous spoke loud and clear. Yankee go home. Canada is CFL country! :yahoo:
Qman
Champion

dupsdell1 wrote:Just saw the Highlights Jennings is NFL bound next year , he is too good to be in the CFL his arm and throw are too good not to keep NFL scouts aware of this guys talent .

can someone get this dipstick troll of this board
Spud387
Champion

Guys... he had a great game against a 2-12 team...
Lets see if he can perform well against a stronger opponent, then you can start praising him as the next messiah :p lol
David
Team Captain

Not sure if any of you caught Travis on his weekly interview on TSN1040 this morning at 7:10am, but I sure didn't like the way it was handled.

Pratt and Bro Jake basically taking turns going ga-ga over Jennings. Jennings this, Jennings that. "Does he remind you of Russell Wilson, Travis?" Basically saying, what do you think of our new star quarterback, Travis? Then Pratt goes, "so the $64 million dollar question (I guess that's the $64,000 question with inflation), where does this leave Travis Lulay?" I could tell he was a little shocked, probably a little hurt but handled it all with exceptional class, and had nothing but praise for the young QB.

While I am elated that Jon Jennings is emerging as a future star....I just don't want to see the former MOP who led us to a Grey Cup and worked like hell to re-hab a bad shoulder get treated like yesterday's news. Show some respect. Let's not forget, JJ has been around Travis since Day 1 soaking it all in like a sponge. Travis has been very gracious about sharing the tricks of the trade.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

David wrote:Not sure if any of you caught Travis on his weekly interview on TSN1040 this morning at 7:10am, but I sure didn't like the way it was handled.

Pratt and Bro Jake basically taking turns going ga-ga over Jennings. Jennings this, Jennings that. "Does he remind you of Russell Wilson, Travis?" Basically saying, what do you think of our new star quarterback, Travis? Then Pratt goes, "so the $64 million dollar question (I guess that's the $64,000 question with inflation), where does this leave Travis Lulay?" I could tell he was a little shocked, probably a little hurt but handled it all with exceptional class, and had nothing but praise for the young QB.

While I am elated that Jon Jennings is emerging as a future star....I just don't want to see the former MOP who led us to a Grey Cup and worked like hell to re-hab a bad shoulder get treated like yesterday's news. Show some respect. Let's not forget, JJ has been around Travis since Day 1 soaking it all in like a sponge. Travis has been very gracious about sharing the tricks of the trade.

Reporters tend to go for shock value.

That sounds like terribly insensitive, even cruel treatment of as classy a guy as we will ever see with the Lions. Travis walked into a trap. Being who he is, he would not decline to speak to the media. But somewhere in his mind, he must have been apprehensive about the interview.

I gather Jennings even roomed with Travis at Camp.

Very tough situation for Travis. Hope for the best. No doubt his wife and family are very concerned about his career (and his health always).
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Dusty
Champion

David wrote:Not sure if any of you caught Travis on his weekly interview on TSN1040 this morning at 7:10am, but I sure didn't like the way it was handled.

That Pratt is the most unprofessional radio host/interviewer in this town. A complete waste of air-space. I do not listen to the 1040 morning show because he is on it.... Lulay was probably professional about the question.... I imagine that he was the only professional on air at that time....
Spud387
Champion

Dusty wrote:

That Pratt is the most unprofessional radio host/interviewer in this town. A complete waste of air-space. I do not listen to the 1040 morning show because he is on it.... Lulay was probably professional about the question.... I imagine that he was the only professional on air at that time....
When they changed the morning show crew to Pratt & ...Bro Jake... you knew it was not to increase the professionalism and sports knowledge of the show. It was to create a more radio show fun atmosphere you usually find on the FM stations. Since they took over I think I have tuned in 2-3 times. However, I loved listening over the summer when they were away :p
peeby
Starter

Pratt is Pratt. The thing I was surprised about when Bro Jake got the show was how old and unfunny he is. I'd heard the name before, but didn't know much about him. What I gather is that he was once glib and funny, and has some following. I find myself wondering how he could appeal to anyone nowadays as his train left the station long ago.