RedBlacks @ Lions -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
WestCoastJoe wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:Moj YES .. compete level.. He is saying that injured Valli was trying to get guys fired up while on the training table being treated.

Finally that is coming from others as that has been my point.

Compete level comes from the performance accountability put in place by the HC.
Toppy, who hired Jeff Tedford? Any responsibility there?

Who hired Mike Benevides?
Full responsibility is WALLY.....

But JT just needs to start to do his job. Set a performance culture in place - he hasn't.

MOJ is really laying it on the room and players now and the TONE folks is set by the HC and his staff.
Yes. JT is failing. Honestly, I have to wonder about his energy level. He underwent serious surgery. And health is number one in anybody's life. Without it, you have almost nothing. Tedford has not grabbed this team by the scruff of the neck and made it dance to his tune.

There is a ton of blame to go around. And Wally's fingerprints are on every aspect of this team.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Toppy, who hired Jeff Tedford? Any responsibility there?

Who hired Mike Benevides?
[/quote]

Full responsibility is WALLY.....

But JT just needs to start to do his job. Set a performance culture in place - he hasn't.

MOJ is really laying it on the room and players now and the TONE folks is set by the HC and his staff.[/quote]

Yes. JT is failing. Honestly, I have to wonder about his energy level. He underwent serious surgery. And health is number one in anybody's life. Without it, you have almost nothing. Tedford has not grabbed this team by the scruff of the neck and made it dance to his tune.

There is a ton of blame to go around. And Wally's fingerprints are on every aspect of this team.[/quote]

WALLY has turned out to be the worst GM once he lost his HC title but Wally was able to hold players accountable and while he might not be same old HC now he would not have tolerated the crap and trash talking with so little results that JT has.

I wondered if the medical situation with JT changed him.

Caller now on the line says what I think - nothing good coming out of JTs mouth.

Arceneaux trashed AGAIN this week by callers and I've not called in either week...
Last edited by Toppy Vann on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:41:45 min time of possession for Burris and the RedBlacks.
I wonder what the record is for most lopsided TOP in a regular season CFL game?
This felt like it should be close to that.

One positive is Beck is finally being evaluated as worthy of keeping in the Lions future plans. They should have done this last season.

I won't be surprised to see blowouts the next 2 weeks. This team looks really demoralized.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote: WALLY has turned out to be the worst GM once he lost his HC title but Wally was able to hold players accountable and while he might not be same old HC now he would not have tolerated the crap and trash talking with so little results that JT has.

I wondered if the medical situation with JT changed him.

Caller now on the line says what I think - nothing good coming out of JTs mouth.

Arceneaux trashed AGAIN this week by callers and I've not called in either week...
Tedford has my sympathy, for his health issues, such as they are or might be.

Is it possible his results in California made him look like a better coach than he is? He did not seem to do much in the NFL.

We certainly got the impression that a super coach had fallen to us, kind of for downsizing issues. From the big pond, to a smaller pond. But that smaller pond, the CFL, is far, far from an easy gig.

Whatever the case may be, this shambles is in Wally's hands. I am not so sure he can right this ship. Not this year. Maybe not any year. The competition is just too tough.

Rick Campbell is doing better than I expected. His team plays hard, and they play well. Their organization is making many, many good decisions. And they are providing very good coaching.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Like they are saying on 1040, it may be time to cut a veteran to send a message. There maybe some very uncomfortable players and coaches on this team right now. If not, there should be.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Toppy Vann wrote:
And I don't blame Wally for all things evil on this team. Wally would get way more out of this lot as he is play or be gone. JT seems to run a country club with little accountability in his coaches or players. I'm very down on the lack of leadership from the HC but firing him is not what I want either. Just lead and do your job with the fans too - even this part sucks.
Look Toppy, the buck has got stop somewhere, and it is always at the top of the food chain. That means Skulsky and Buono other than the owner, whose loyalties to this team have been in serious question, since his acquisition of the Argonauts!

So when I say it is time to sell the Lions to someone whose loyalties lie within this organization, and the fan base that supports them, all the other players (puppets) such as Tedford, Cortez, or Washington are just that...only strings to pull.

So until such time as we address this issue of whether the Lions organization will continue to be suspended in time or reanimated, is up to the misguided season ticket holder who continues to support "the most winningest coach in CFL history"

The choice is yours BC Lion Fan
Last edited by PigSkin_53 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

during the off season I was very concerned at the players being released, traded, or lost to free agency. I felt that the lions were not going to be very good this year no matter who is coach.

I don't think this is so much on JT unless he had a big part in key player losses.

I still have hope for JT and think he should be given a full 2 seasons before being written off by the fans.

it is also not his fault TL gets hurt twice...or is it? :2cents:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Like they are saying on 1040, it may be time to cut a veteran to send a message. There maybe some very uncomfortable players and coaches on this team right now. If not, there should be.
That is probably what will happen. To me, it is window dressing. Tinkering.

What ails this team will not be fixed by sacrificing any players. So it seems to me.

It kind of makes one shudder to think of how we are falling and sliding down the slope.

And one kind of thinks: Well, I guess we should just stop talking about it. It is too upsetting for some. But I cannot see people stopping from talking about what they see. We have had some good times since 2003. That time seems past.

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Like they are saying on 1040, it may be time to cut a veteran to send a message.
they already tried that in the off season
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Alputt
Champion

Voice hoarse from yelling "D-Fence" for over 40 minutes. Aside from a few minutes in the 3rd that was the weakest Lions game I've been to in awhile. Failed to break 20,000 in the stands as well... A shame because it was a great day for football, I like the Sunday afternoon games.

Others on here are better at analysis but hard to think of a bright spot, maybe Fraser? Maybe Rainey on special teams? No run game at all... Receivers dropping balls (when Beck even threw one that had a chance)... Always tossing the short pass just shy of the first down for a 2 and out... Not impressed with Gore, not impressed with Manny... Didn't expect much from Beck anyway... D had no interceptions... Tons of flags...

I sensed they almost lost the crowd from the initial possession with that safety. When Beck threw the end zone interception (Gore was targeted I think?) with a few minutes left the place cleared out. I love the Lions but frankly this is not an exciting team to watch right now...
Last edited by Alputt on Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

So much wrong with this franchise but fully expect Tedford or Cortez has coached their last game with the Lions. Take your pick which one.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The consensus is that some blood has to flow - either OC and/or someone in the talent pool.

I'd rid the team of the cancer. I hit on two who are floating who are getting knocked on radio Gore and 84.

You can't fire them all...
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

KnowItAll wrote:during the off season I was very concerned at the players being released, traded, or lost to free agency. I felt that the lions were not going to be very good this year no matter who is coach.

I don't think this is so much on JT unless he had a big part in key player losses.

I still have hope for JT and think he should be given a full 2 seasons before being written off by the fans.

it is also not his fault TL gets hurt twice...or is it? :2cents:
Agreed. It depends on if it's Wally who is entirely responsible for the cuts that were made without having better alternatives.
jcalhoun
Starter

Farhan just said on the post-gram show: "you want to make a statement? Cut Manny Arceneaux. You're not bringing him back next year anyway."

Hmm.

James
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Farhan says cut Manny. I agree.