RIP Vic Spencer

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

joewillie63
Rookie

So sorry to hear of Vic's passing.

Vic was one of the founding fathers of the BC Lions and I had the great privilege of meeting him over the last few years. Me and my friends in Kelowna along with Vic would meet at Flanagans for a beer or two and he would tell us stories about the history of the Lions

He spearheaded a group of people who wanted a franchise in Vancouver. They met a lot of opposition especially from the Winnipeg Bombers due to traveling concerns. He told us in 1953 the CFL had a vote for BC's entry,it was unanimous with the Bombers abstaining.

He told us a lot of stories of the Lions of the sixties which was of particular interest to me. Lots of great stories about Kapp and Fleming coming over to his place to visit.

I'm so glad I got to meet Vic and talk about the old times
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Only a few of us are old enough to be young when the Lions started and while I know the time he wasn't someone I can recall being in the media eye - but I may be wrong.

There were coach firings and they were front page news those days like it would be in Sask today.

Nice to see he's lived a long, good life but still sad to lose those close to you.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Rammer
Team Captain

RIP, always sad to lose anyone associated with the Lion, especially from the initial start of the Lions franchise.
Entertainment value = an all time low
mws
Starter

Thank you Mr. Spencer for fighting the fight and bringing a team to the beautiful province. :beauty: