crazy george

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

b_man360
Rookie

crazy George was on Americas got talent!
come on and roar you lions roar!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The fact that he was even considered speak volumes about that show.
Rammer
Team Captain

love AGT, funny tryouts and sadly Crazy George couldn't sway the judges for the next round. I think that he was selected due to being the originator of the wave. A novelty that they couldn't resist placing on TV. Of course Heidi has to go, she doesn't add much as a judge, but the money is in Howie (N BTW). At 60 years old Howie still lights up like a kid when an act surprised him.
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Thought some of the younger/newer Lionbackers might like to see Crazy George in action from an October game at Empire Stadium in the 1978 season (I believe Crazy George was at least around in '77 but Frank Rigney is describing him to viewers like he's brand new).

Anyway, what they've tried to pull off at refurbished BC Place (but never really succeeded) was his old BEEEEE! CEEEEE! chant pitting one side of the stadium vs the other. Perhaps a good old fashioned bribe with a Tim Hortons card/voucher for the loudest side of the stadium would do the trick - at least until people become familiar with it. :wink:

[video][/video]

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
D
Team Captain

First time I saw Crazy George was as a kid at a Canucks Game in the early 70's ... he was cheering for the California Golden Seals with the booster club. Everyone thought he was Crazy alright :rotf:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Ravi
Legend

Go to the 2:01:30 mark of the following video: [video][/video]

Krazy George was really hard at work on that cold October night in 1978.