Fire Tedford!!! how many games does he last

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Qman
Champion

This season has tire fire written all over it.
Our QB position is a big ? and our D-line sucks. Wally always says you win with QB and D-line. Clearly we are going to lose alot if thats the case.
So i'm starting the Jeff Tedford era deathwatch. How long does he last?
cromartie
Hall of Famer

I'm going to suggest that this post is performance art, but sadly, I only give it a 4 out of 10 (I'd only give it a 3, but you did manage to get the 'alot' in there).

Overall, you need more exclamation points. You're clearly in pre-season form. Try again after we start 0-2.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

cromartie wrote:I'm going to suggest that this post is performance art, but sadly, I only give it a 4 out of 10 (I'd only give it a 3, but you did manage to get the 'alot' in there).

Overall, you need more exclamation points. You're clearly in pre-season form. Try again after we start 0-2.
You're in a benevolent mood tonight giving him a 4 :roar:
cromartie
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
cromartie wrote:I'm going to suggest that this post is performance art, but sadly, I only give it a 4 out of 10 (I'd only give it a 3, but you did manage to get the 'alot' in there).

You're in a benevolent mood tonight giving him a 4 :roar:
It's pre-season for everyone except Dean Valli, what can I say?
CardiacKid
Legend

He might just make it past Dan Hawkins tenure....maybe :violin:
CardiacKid
Legend

I liked his coat from the first half...that was a highlight.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

You'd have to be very naive to think the Lions were going to be brilliant tonight. This thread title tongue in cheek?
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
BC 1988
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:You'd have to be very naive to think the Lions were going to be brilliant tonight. This thread title tongue in cheek?
I thought that when I saw it pop up. CGY had all starters except for the QB's that replaced Mitchell after their first offensive series. This was actually good for the Lions to get a more accurate picture of how their TC talent stacks up against real-world competition.

The perceived deficiencies at QB and D-line are Wally's responsibility to solve.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

BC 1988 wrote:
Toppy Vann wrote:You'd have to be very naive to think the Lions were going to be brilliant tonight. This thread title tongue in cheek?
I thought that when I saw it pop up. CGY had all starters except for the QB's that replaced Mitchell after their first offensive series. This was actually good for the Lions to get a more accurate picture of how their TC talent stacks up against real-world competition.

The perceived deficiencies at QB and D-line are Wally's responsibility to solve.
As they say from time to time in Riderville, where is that high cliff to jump off? LOL

I see no reason to doubt the positive change that Tedford and his staff are bringing to the Lions.

I was wondering who all those players were in the Lions' uniforms. Looking to see the names on the backs of the jerseys.

Tedford was very calm on the sidelines. Not running around, jumping up and down, or doing chest bumps with players. Tedford made a few notes on his game sheet. It is a process, not an overnight rebuild.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Tedford seemed to be in control on the sidelines. No ranting and raving at the officials. Even had time to take notes on things they need to work on.
The_Pauser
Legend

What did some people expect this game? It was the first pre-season game, with a team full of guys who won't even make the final team. Let's give them a chance before we start calling for the coach's job. Keep in mind, this year is likely to be more of a rebuilding year than anything.
Roar you Lions roar!
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I would assume this thread is meant to be sarcastic, but if it's not I think that Lion fans need to remember, Tedford has ALL of the tools and experience to be a VERY successful CFL coach, unlike say Dan Hawkins. Tedford was a tremendous hire for the Lions, BUT, please remember that he is inheriting a 6/7 year downward slide under Wally (with 2011/12 exceptions) and the likes of Mike Benavides. There isn't a healthy culture in Lionsland and our talent is suspect, especially without a proven starting QB. Its going to take TIME for Tedford to find the right players that will accept his culture and execute his systems. The CFL's TC and preseason doesn't really allow teams a chance to do that before the season starts, so there are going to be lots of losses until Tedford gets things turned around, but here's the thing, HE WILL!!!

All we have to do as fans is realize the tough circumstances that proceeded Tedford and show PATIENCE and TRUST that he will get things turned around. In fact, I can see Tedford inheriting the GM duties from Wally within a couple of seasons! There is a lot that needs to be changed in BC for the Lions to start competing again, and its going to take some time!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
CardiacKid
Legend

I obviously can't speak for QMan but I immediately assumed this thread was meant to be tongue in cheek, sarcastic, a spoof on Riderville rants.....
I still stand by my statement that Tedford's jacket in the first half looked good. He has already proved himself to be a sartorial improvement over Benevides.
Rammer
Team Captain

So far Tedford isn't the problem, but he is the figure head that will have to find some talent in the OL/DL/QB and then draw it out of each position. Wally has to a better job in filling these positions, and releasing his vets that did produce last season, set two of the three positions back even further. I am going to miss Eric Taylor and a stud I OL in Jemarcus Hardrick, the least of the Lions problems on the field of play.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

The thread topic will no doubt be raised in the media who read this site as there are some quite astute x and o guys however it appears that just QMAN actually thinks Tedford is the problem here. The good news is that it hasn't a lot of supporters.

Calgary is set in coaching staff and talent fill-ins are all they are tinkering with this year so they were able to start their top QB and look decent. Continuity in Calgary with exceptions should help them contend.

The upside to a game like that is that it sets for the Lions coaches and new players espec. the benchmark for competition. If you're peaking in TC, you're losing in November for sure.

I'd have been more concerned if Tedford came to Calgary with the primary objective of winning and the Lions playing vets won 20 to 6. That would be risking the season.

Am I a bit pessimistic given the Reinebold factor (if you haven't got a QB, you better know where you can find one or you're fired) with BC? You bet I am but I suspect so are the coaches. Unlike Buck Pierce who was knocked by some for being glass Lulay's injuries have been the same shoulder two times for more games lost than Buck was taking and he was coming back as fast as he could.

The back ups gotta be able to play.

Tim Brown gone before TC is something of a surprise as he's not going to light it up but be a sure fired capable returner. Guys like him who can keep their mouths shut while being kept on the PR following good games are important to a team's chemistry -if they can play like he can.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy