Eric taylor listed as TC starter for STAMPS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Sorry, my lack of computer skills means I don't know how to do a link to the Stamps TC depth chart.

I didn't like the fact that the Lions released Taylor without having a clear replacement for him. Now he has a chance to start for the Stamps. It gives me a queasy feeling in my stomach as the D line will likely be the lions weak spot with the least depth this year.

IMO Taylor was the Lions' best D lineman last year and it appears that the Stamps agree with me.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm not surprised that the Stamps plan to start Taylor. I wouldn't expect them to pick up a veteran with his credentials (and pay scale) and use him as a backup. We'll find out soon who the Lions see as a potential replacement. We probably won't know the effectiveness of that replacement until a few games into the regular season. Butting heads with the likes of Matt Norman for two weeks in limited contact practices doesn't prove much.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Taylor was with Rich Stubler in Toronto, then B.C., and now Calgary. Stubler knows what he brings.

Solid, dependable, indestructable, and more mobile than one would expect for a giant of a man.

He reminds me of Tyrone Williams. One time at practice Williams lost his balance and fell to the grass. One of the players said: "That's a whole lot of man on the ground." Great big Teddy Bear of a guy. If a fan greeted him he would say: "Hey, Buddy, how ya doin'?"
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:Sorry, my lack of computer skills means I don't know how to do a link to the Stamps TC depth chart.

I didn't like the fact that the Lions released Taylor without having a clear replacement for him. Now he has a chance to start for the Stamps. It gives me a queasy feeling in my stomach as the D line will likely be the lions weak spot with the least depth this year.

IMO Taylor was the Lions' best D lineman last year and it appears that the Stamps agree with me.
This is a link to the Stamps website and their TC rosters, etc.

http://www.stampeders.com/training_camp

I like the section: "how the stamps were built" showing the draft and acquisitions year over year.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Rammer
Team Captain

As I have said before, the Stamps have not only gained a starter butvthe type of leader with experience every team seeks. A quiet leader by example who will only steer the ship when it is required to be moved in the proper direction.
Entertainment value = an all time low