Lions vs. Eskimoes Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another key game for the Lions. They need a win (by 8 or more points) to keep their chances of finishing 2nd place alive. Will Ernest Jackson have another monster game ? You can bet the Eskimoes will have something up their to keep him under control. Lion receivers such as Haidara, Gore, Poblah need to step up.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Another key game for the Lions. They need a win (by 8 or more points) to keep their chances of finishing 2nd place alive. Will Ernest Jackson have another monster game ? You can bet the Eskimoes will have something up their to keep him under control. Lion receivers such as Haidara, Gore, Poblah need to step up.
Seven will do, as a tied point differential would push it to division record and we'd take it (6-4 versus 5-5) if everything else goes our way and it comes to this. I have this weird premonition that an ill-advised (and failed) decision to go for two after a TD could cost us here.

More than likely we won't be crossing over and no matter what we do in these last two games, in all likelihood we'll finish third, so the thing I want most over the next two weeks is some solid, NON-sloppy play/coaching to establish some momentum as we head into the playoffs.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
korey&dante4ever
Champion

Win by 8, or don't win at all
-Believes in building from the trenches outwards. A great O-Line and D-Line guarantees an above average team.
-A coach that has to give a motivational pregame speech is probably a coach that is insecure about his game plan.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Another key game for the Lions. They need a win (by 8 or more points) to keep their chances of finishing 2nd place alive. Will Ernest Jackson have another monster game ? You can bet the Eskimoes will have something up their to keep him under control. Lion receivers such as Haidara, Gore, Poblah need to step up.
Seven will do, as a tied point differential would push it to division record and we'd take it (6-4 versus 5-5) if everything else goes our way and it comes to this. I have this weird premonition that an ill-advised (and failed) decision to go for two after a TD could cost us here.

More than likely we won't be crossing over and no matter what we do in these last two games, in all likelihood we'll finish third, so the thing I want most over the next two weeks is some solid, NON-sloppy play/coaching to establish some momentum as we head into the playoffs.
Thanks sj-roc. Sure hope Benevides knows that too. A 7 point win is hardly uncommon.

And yes. A real test to see how this team is going to stack up in the playoffs in likely the same stadium they will be playing 2 weeks from now.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

So I tune into TSN a half hour before doubleheader kickoff thinking/hoping there'd be a pre-game show, and I get a figure skating event from Kelowna. Wait a second, is that Rod Black's voice I hear?

If so, you know what that means...
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:So I tune into TSN a half hour before doubleheader kickoff thinking/hoping there'd be a pre-game show, and I get a figure skating event from Kelowna. Wait a second, is that Rod Black's voice I hear?

YUP, I'm in the minor Black-hater category meaning he's okay he just gets my head shaking at times with various small mistakes (even Cuthberts been making more of those this season, IMO) but even more annoying overstatement of things. for e.g. AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLE etc.... I did catch some of those phrases being used in the figure skating event.

I am taking the easy way out tonight, probably a PIZZA. If it were actually a playoff game I'd probably wait until post-game but hope its a solid game......
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

notahomer wrote:
sj-roc wrote:So I tune into TSN a half hour before doubleheader kickoff thinking/hoping there'd be a pre-game show, and I get a figure skating event from Kelowna. Wait a second, is that Rod Black's voice I hear?

YUP, I'm in the minor Black-hater category meaning he's okay he just gets my head shaking at times with various small mistakes (even Cuthberts been making more of those this season, IMO) but even more annoying overstatement of things. for e.g. AMAZING, UNBELIEVABLE etc.... I did catch some of those phrases being used in the figure skating event.

I am taking the easy way out tonight, probably a PIZZA. If it were actually a playoff game I'd probably wait until post-game but hope its a solid game......
Duane Forde is doing colour right now for Wpg @ Cgy (a snow game! this could be fun!) with Gord Miller.

I'm doing scrambled eggs with red peppers & green onions wrapped in corn tortillas now for lunch, then grilled chicken breast with lemon pepper asparagus and baked potato w/sour cream & chives in the evening.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Underway at Commonwealth. Nicer-looking conditions here than what we just saw in Cgy.

BC goes 2 & out on the opening series of the game; Edm responds with a 48yd FG. 3-0 Edm. BC takes the kickoff to their own 35 for their 2nd series. Another 2 & out.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Another 2 and out. Receiver (Poblah) not knowing you need 10 yards. :bang:
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Hey, that Paris Jackson guy looks good. Anyone seen him before?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Eskimoes ready to play tonight. As usual Lions come out flat.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Eskimoes ready to play tonight. As usual Lions come out flat.
We spot them 10 and we have yet to even get a first down.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

And this is what happens when you have a pathetic sputtering offence going up against a quality opponent. Grad total of 4 plays on 2 posessions and its 10-0 already.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

3rd 2 and out. Someone please give the Lions a wake up call. The game is underway.
David
Team Captain

Typical Lions slow start. Offense looks out of synch. Glenn misfiring. D on the field too much and getting shredded. It's a mess right now. :bang:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar