TiCats 19 - Lions 17 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Westerman, Menard and Doege rotating.

It took a few years, but it seems clear we now value six man rotation on D.

TiCats showing good run blocking vs Solo.

Cats try onside punt. Looks like they are OK. Good thing Phillips took the punt. Otherwise ... We are fooled again.

Great, great catch by EJ. Glenn gets clobbered.

Cats bringing the heat. I love it. In your face.

Nice pick six by Josh J. Great job finding talent with our DBs. Parks. Yell. Lee. Johnson.

Trick play has us beat. Banks overthrows. Yikes.

LaRose getting lots of hits.

At the half, very little O for us.

Multi formations by Ham. Diff launch points. Lions forced to play zone.

Nice blitz call by Mark W.

Gotta love Solomon. LOL

Glenn 9/18 for 77. Hmmmm

Nice push by Norman, Valli and Hardrick on short yardage. Pow. Keep it simple.

Time for some adjustments. We will see ...

Beatiful drive by Ham. Tasker blows it. Ham, 12 straight points.

Collaros getting good time in the pocket. Phillips takes "terrible" penalty.

Nice sequence. Glenn, EJ, Manny, Gore. TD.

Pass pro for Ham very good.

Bighill all over the field.

One thing about LaRose is he will hit guys with force.

Ham leaving a lot of points on the field.

Banks another great return. Penalty. 35 yard difference. Wow.

Things are going our way. But Ham is doing enough to win.

Intense game. No complaints with our effort.

We are dodging some bullets. Good resolve by us. And another good push on short. Beck finds gaps.

Kito catches one.

We are giving big yards on returns.

Benny's focus pretty good tonight, and the same with his team. They tend to go together.

Now Antolin is a good little runner. And he is going nowhere. How good does Andrew Harris look now? Running into walls and gang tacklers.

All the breaks in the world going our way. LOL Collaros and Grant misfire. Wow.

Entertaining and intense game.

Both Steinauer and Condell with good game plans for Ham.

Oh my God, this is close. One point lead. 4 minutes left.

Huge overturn. First down Hamilton.

Wanna be a football coach? LOL My heart is racing.

Ha ha. Great line by Cuthbert. Solomon says get off my lawn.

Haidara. Antolin.

Some credit to Benny. His guys played hard.

Intense game. For much of it we dodged bullets. Hamilton was moving the ball up and down the field.

We played hard. But I would suggest that Hamilton's resolve took the win.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Stats on CFL are messed up. Will post them later.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Another nail in the Benevides coffin I hope. Basically failed to take advantage of the wind, failed to move it into the wind. That is the tail of this game. 2 safety's because the O can't generate a first down. Turnover on downs because Glenn first fails to throw it way and gives us a 3rd and 13 and then with 10 seconds left, checks down on 3rd again when really at that point, might as well haul off and throw because you ain't getting another chance and even with the check down we still turnover on downs. A college QB would probably be better than that.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I have never seen a Lion offence this anemic considering I've seen bad teams under Paul Brothers, Don Moorhead etc.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Anyone think that Jackson looks a little like Nik Lewis out there. He had a good game for the most part. Kind of sad that he seems to be our most effective deep threat.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I have never seen a Lion offence this anemic considering I've seen bad teams under Paul Brothers, Don Moorhead etc.
X2! :thdn: :tp: :thdn: :tp: :thdn:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Benevides sound very down in the post-game interview. Told his team after the game to keep fighting. Has to find a way to score. Said that there was confusion on the 2nd safety. The intent was to punt but there was a mix up in communication.
prj
Starter

Benny should not bother coming west ...
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Quiet. Lions offense at work.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:Benevides sound very down in the post-game interview. Told his team after the game to keep fighting. Has to find a way to score. Said that there was confusion on the 2nd safety. The intent was to punt but there was a mix up in communication.
On a personal level I have sympathy for Benevides, as a person. He is a decent guy. But he wanted the job, and he got the job. It ain't no picnic being a football coach at any level. Look at the intensity on the faces. Austin. Benevides. At least Austin has a filing cabinet full of credentials. And he was not appointed by a mentor, who did not do a long, hard, demanding, high standards, search for a successor.

As I indicated Benny's guys played hard. OK. Is that enough? No. Austin and Condell and Steinauer had terrific game plans. For us, Mark W had a decent one, but Collaros racked up huge yardage. Khari had trouble moving the ball. Anemic ground game. Pop gun passing game. And he can thank his O Line coach for the anemic run game and lots of pressure on Kevin Glenn. With Beck in there, I think it might have been a shambles. Meanwhile Austin has had great results from both LeFevour and Collaros. Austin is building QBs. That time seems to be in the past for our Lions.

MexicoLionFan
Legend

I love your game long comments Joe, they are a treat to read...please continue with them. Another great effort by the D (without much of a pass rush I might add), but poor S Ts and a hideous offence. The best thing that can happen to this team in the long run is to keep losing and make some serious changes...our coaching, wow...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
David
Team Captain

Another game, another key injury. Losing Ronnie Yell will hurt, big time (hopefully Marsh is ready to come back next week).

2 key reasons why we lost:

Shoddy punt and kick coverage
No holes opened up by the O-line for Antolin (although pass protection was decent)

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Special Teams and Offence were challenging, IMO.......

Johnson goes for a big pickSIX TD, McCallum convert..... We kick it off, HUGE return by Hamilton.....

The late accidental PI....? WHAT? Get rid of this rule, PI challenge rule. IMO, it has very little consistency. If you are at all curious, throw the challenge.

I really thought this was the game the guys/Coaches would get it turned around. IMO, they played well enough to win but DID NOT.
Bosco
Team Captain

The check down play on 2nd and long is driving me crazy. Hey Khari...when it's 2nd and 10, have at least one receiver run an 11 yard pattern. :tp:

PS: I think I miss Chappy. :shock:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

You mean this wasn't a shambles? 10 points on Offense is a shambles in my book. On a personal level, I don't think anybody wants to see any of the coaching fail but the fact is that it is failing and the failure seems too be picking up momentum. At this rate, the Lions are in very real danger of missing the post season and it is far from certain that there will be a crossover spot with the way the eastern teams appear to be picking it up. There isn't one team in this league right now that I am comfortable saying that the Lions should beat. I think they could easily fall pray to anyone of them including Ottawa who they barely squeaked by. I'm sorry for being hard on Mr. Benevides but the facts are the facts, this team has gone steadily downhill since he took over. Is it entirely his fault? Probably not, the Lions made choices on Reilly and Lulay that have bit us. We lost the next heir apparent in DeMarco to expansion. The cupboard is now bare and we had to import in a very ineffective Glenn. Wally is as responsible as anyone for hiring based on criteria other than merit. It reminds me of unions somewhat that promote on seniority over skills. He has put people in positions that they were either not ready for or not qualified to hold. The results are the results. I believe that if the Lions fail to make the post season, WB will have to do something because the fanbase will not accept the status quo. Time will prove me right or wrong.