Fire Khari Jones

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

CardiacKid
Legend

I don't see any coordination at all....
leo4life
All Star

You can start there!
Dorazio
Mcmann
Benny
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

leo4life wrote:You can start there!
Dorazio
Mcmann
Benny
Absolutely
CardiacKid
Legend

For the life of me I just don't see any life in this offense. No ability to adjust and not involving your best players. I am bored to tears watching this team. I should be more clear:I am bored to tears watching this offense and their sandlot game.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

CardiacKid wrote:For the life of me I just don't see any life in this offense. No ability to adjust and not involving your best players. I am bored to tears watching this team. I should be more clear:I am bored to tears watching this offense and their sandlot game.
Yah, I love watching the defence...... Offence? :tp:
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Wow, don't think I have seen this kind of thread on LB before. Esks, Riders, Winnipeg for sure. Sort of shows to what level this team has sunk.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

How far does this go?

Wally is on record as saying he would field a team, to compete in the 2014 Grey Cup in Vancouver this year!!!

I challenge him to step down as GM of the Lions organization at the end of this season, if he hasn't the gonads find a way to get it done!!!

:tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I wrote Skulsky about my frustration after the Ottawa game. Asked him to give me reasons why I should renew my season tickets. His response was to keep the faith and that "we will be all right" I wonder if he still feels the same after tonight.
CardiacKid
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I wrote Skulsky about my frustration after the Ottawa game. Asked him to give me reasons why I should renew my season tickets. His response was to keep the faith and that "we will be all right" I wonder if he still feels the same after tonight.
I am ready to tear up my season's tickets, my wife season's season tickets and our Grey Cup tickets and throw them in Skulsky's face. Too much energy wasted on guaranteeing wins and other such nonsense.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:I wrote Skulsky about my frustration after the Ottawa game. Asked him to give me reasons why I should renew my season tickets. His response was to keep the faith and that "we will be all right" I wonder if he still feels the same after tonight.
You expected something better than that from the guy who gave the Lion opponents guaranteed win night by calling out the opposition? I needed something to laugh at - this is post of year material.... Send back the famous line from the Lion Ranger. What do you mean by "we" kemo sabe?

The Lone Ranger and Tonto find themselves after a long exhausting horse ride staring up at canyon walls filled with hostile Apache warriors. The Lone Ranger sensing the impending doom, turns to Tonto, his faithful Indian scout, and says "What do WE do now Tonto?" Tonto slowly turns towards to the Lone Ranger, thinks of his Indian brothers and says "What do you mean WE, kemosabe?"

PS... I guess this entire show violated all current standards as do many shows on TBS that refer to redskins.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
tedbear
Starter

Two weeks in a row our defence did not give up a touchdown, and we ended up losing both games. The offensive play calling and schemes are offensive. It starts at the top and it is time that Wally, Benny, and Khari start taking accountability for their inability to produce an average offensive attack.

This team plays way to safe and they play not to lose which does not give them any chance to win. The defence scored 7 of our points and the offence gave up 4 with the safety's, a total lacklustre performance from our offensive side of the ball. I am so frustrated and all I continue to see is our top cheerleader Benny walking up and down clapping his hands. Embarrassing to be a Lions fan right now.
CardiacKid
Legend

"After a number of conversations with Khari over the past couple of weeks, I am very excited about his positive approach to the game, the offensive concepts he will bring to our offence and how they will translate on the field."

Found this gem of a quote by Benevides from when Jones was hired....do you think he was being hipster-ironic? I am failing to see any concepts out there, any identity for the offense. Maybe it's just "lost in translation"....
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Here's another Benevides' gem. The coaches have a chip on their shoulders.
QB Club 63
All Star

So, what's the story with our "talented group of young Canadian receivers"? Did any one of them have more catches than drops tonight? :bang:

Don't get me wrong, I love Joe Paopao to death, but when it was announced in February that he was hired as Receivers Coach my brain went "Whaaaaat????". :shock: How can an old fart (I can call him that because he is just 2 years younger than me, and if I'm one, then he is, too!) teach a bunch of youngsters anything about beating today's DBs? Sorry, Joe! :sigh:

What to do? With four games left I don't think you just pull the plug. Wally could give the coaching staff the old "public vote of confidence" routine but tell them privately they are all on a four game trial. Miss the playoffs and they're done. Sneak into the crossover spot and get blown out and they're done. Run the table and they keep their jobs, maybe.

As for next year? Let's start at the top:
  • - Has there really been any growth under Benevides? How would you feel about someone like Lapo coming in as HC? And would he take the job if it was offered? :popcorn:
    - For OC, where do you look? I really don't know, and if anybody out there says "Dave Dickenson" I'll ask you to kindly sober up before you post. :tease:

- Is it time to put Dan Dorazio out to pasture and see what Kelly Bates can do with the O-line? Or Angus Reid? Or Rob Murphy? :rockin:

- If the lawyers don't mind, how about Arland Bruce for Receivers Coach? I remember when he was here how he would attack the ball as a receiver and that attitude was picked up by ALL the receiving corps. They would aggressively go after the catch instead of waiting for the ball to hit their hands (then drop it).

- If Paris Jackson decides he is done after this season, would he be a good choice for Special Teams coach?

- I would think Mark Washington and his defensive coaches might be safe, unless a new HC can't work with them.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

With regards to the throwin samoan, as much as the guy is likeable, I have never seen anything he touched football wise be it as player or coach that really turned out well. He was so-so as a QB, a disaster as head coach and I have to agree with you that with all the ex-receivers out there, might their be someone one a bit younger and even a "receiver" who might be a better choice for this position. As for an OC consultant someone mentioned somewhere, I was kind of thinking Anthony Calvillo. I don't know about his temperament, but here is a guy fresh out of the game, who certainly as an offense minded philosophy and who I think is available.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.