Stampeders 14 - Lions 7 Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Defensive battle.

Too bad Mark W does not disguise Solo blitzing. Twice the Stamps ran where Solo vacated for huge yardage. And the blocking was ready for Solo on those plays.

Very little passing yardage for the Lions.

Burnham hurt. Ouch. Most promising Slot. His absence greatly affected our O.

Hard hitting game. Juat a bit of O prep the difference, springing Cornish.

Q2, 3 and 4 shutouts for our O. Calgary ground out the lead. Scored 14 straight points.

Third and one for Stamps. Own 40. Go for it. Gutsy call. Game on the line. Very key decision and execution.

Harris hurt. It looks bad. So much respect shown by his teammates.

As Cuthbert said, the depleted Calgary O Line has been winning the battle against the Lions D Line.

Intense game. We played our guts out. Not enough offence. Defence good except for the mistakes on the D calls allowing Cornish to break two big ones.

Bazzie made a great play to stop Lewis short of the 1st down. Dickenson was ticked. LOL

Int by Glenn, and it is over. I don't fault Glenn. We don't give him much help. Without him our season would be much more of a shambles than it even is now. IMO ...

I would have to say that Stubler beat Jones in one chess game. And Dickenson beat Mark W in the other chess game.

Was a time when a Lions' loss would hurt so, so bad. Not so much anymore. Expectations are down. I try to enjoy the spectacle of the football game. Our effort by the players was good. We got beat by the best team the league. From 2004 to 2006 that was probably us. That time is gone.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. GLENN 14/25 127 0 2
J. BECK 2/4 13 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 6 29 0 18
E. ARCENEAUX 3 39 0 19
S. GORE 2 20 0 14
R. LUMBALA 2 9 0 9
B. BURNHAM 1 23 0 23
S. ADEKOLU 1 13 0 13
M. IANNUZZI 1 7 0 7

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 12 76 0 23
S. LOGAN 6 26 0 7
K. GLENN 3 18 0 7
E. ARCENEAUX 1 3 0 3
J. BECK 1 2 1 2

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
S. ELIMIMIAN 0 0 1 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. SCHMITT 11 45.7 361 62

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
S. LOGAN 7 39 5.6 15 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. SCHMITT 3 183 67 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
S. LOGAN 2 42 21.0 28 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
S. ELIMIMIAN 10 0 0 0
A. BIGHILL 6 1 0 0
J. WESTERMAN 4 1 0 0
A. BAZZIE 4 1 0 0
R. LOHR 3 0 0 0
K. SMITH 3 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 2 0 0 0
J. JOHNSON 2 0 0 0
R. YELL 2 0 0 0
C. PARKS 2 0 0 0
T. LEE 1 0 0 0
S. LOGAN 1 0 0 0
A. LAROSE 1 0 0 0
B. BURNHAM 1 0 0 0
T. WILLIAMS 1 0 0 0
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. TATE 12/23 162 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
J. CORNISH 3 20 0 13
N. LEWIS 3 15 0 9
M. PRICE 2 66 0 60
A. PARKER 2 24 0 16
J. WEST 1 26 0 26
J. SANDERS 1 11 0 11

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
J. CORNISH 20 156 0 43
B. MONIZ 5 17 0 12
D. TATE 3 16 0 8

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
B. MONIZ 1 1 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
R. PAREDES 4/6 43 0/0 12

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. MAVER 7 41.1 249 45

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
J. SANDERS 6 101 16.8 23 0
B. SINOPOLI 3 41 13.7 19 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. PAREDES 2 122 66 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
J. SANDERS 3 55 18.3 26 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
J. SIMPSON 9 0 0 0
D. MAYO 8 0 0 0
K. RAYMOND 4 0 1 0
B. SMITH 4 0 1 0
J. BELL 4 0 0 0
Q. BUTLER 3 0 0 0
J. TURNER 2 1 0 0
F. BISHOP 2 0 0 0
Q. SMITH 1 1 0 0
F. BENNETT 1 0 0 0
J. WALL 1 0 0 0
B. CRAIGHEAD 1 0 0 0
S. LEMON 1 0 0 0

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Lions
Passing (comp/att/yds) 16/29/140
Receiving (rec/yds) 16/140
Rushing (att/yds) 23/125
Total Yards 241
Sacks Allowed 2
Turnovers 2

Stampeders
Passing (comp/att/yds) 12/23/162
Receiving (rec/yds) 12/162
Rushing (att/yds) 28/189
Total Yards 339
Sacks Allowed 3
Turnovers 1

Rammer
Team Captain

Maybe the Lions are racing the Riders for fourth place now, it is going to be close.
Entertainment value = an all time low
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

5th time this year we've scored 3 or less in the back half.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
swervynmerv
Legend

1. We have a championship defence, CIS caliber offence and "pop warner" coaching.

2. Kevin Glenn is DONE! He is in the same boat as Henry Burris, lost it and lost it fast.

3. The positive to this year would be a new Head Coach but Wally rewarded Benny without him having earned it.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

What can you say.

Total lack of execution on the Offense. Not even a sniff at points for almost 55 minutes of a football game. If not for that first drive, it would have been a shutout. This rendition of the the Lions is going nowhere. I don't even care if they make the playoffs anymore. It is almost embarrassing to think that this team might actually get in. However, the way things are going, the crossover spot may not even exist. 3 eastern teams are showing signs of life and it may well be that the 3rd place team may be even with the 4 and 5 in the west.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
yukonlion
All Star

glenn pannicked three times in a row to go arcenaux on last drive, brutal underthrow... didint need it all....
David
Team Captain

The coaching staff needs to be replaced - HC, OC, O-line, and Special Teams, but they're probably going to use the fact that they played without Lulay as the excuse. In the meantime, what is the club doing to improve the roster in this Grey Cup hosting season? IMO, an international receiver should have been signed when Courtney Taylor went down, as well as a running back with size and speed to challenge a sputtering Stefan Logan.

No sense of urgency tonight. No hurry-up offense, no creativity, no deception, no risk.....no points. :thdn:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
jcalhoun
Starter

Hey all,

I decided to go grocery shopping in the third quarter and on the way home heard Beck was put in. Obviously he didn't light it up, but was there anything positive about his play?

I think we should cut Glenn. Ride the two kids for the rest of the year; they, at least, can offer hope for the future.

Has the decision to sit Tim Brown ever worked to our advantage?

James
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

I decided to go grocery shopping in the third quarter and on the way home heard Beck was put in. Obviously he didn't light it up, but was there anything positive about his play?

I think we should cut Glenn. Ride the two kids for the rest of the year; they, at least, can offer hope for the future.

James
As much as I dislike short little non scrambling QB's, Partridge and Beck ain't going to get it done.
Spud387
Champion

jcalhoun wrote:Hey all,

James
1. Beck looked lost out there unfortunately
2. Even tho Glenn is horrible, still better than option #2, Partridge untested.
3. Tim Brown injured
MexicoLionFan
Legend

First, I would like to find out the status on Andrew Harris, as soon as anyone hears anything...Harris played so hard again tonight, but one player can't win a football game...

What can you say about our offence? 5 games now where we essentially haven't scored more than 3 points in the 2nd half. I'm sorry, but that's simply coaching...our offence is being badly out coached by opposing defences...the OLine hasn't been the same without Hunter Steward interestingly enough...Glenn looked just awful.

Defensively, another good effort by a talented and proud group, but playing this passive system really hurts us every time we fall behind...we simply do not put consistent pressure on offences to make plays and as such we are simply not generating enough turnovers...and when Washington tried to bring the heat in the 2nd half, they burned us almost every time...you could see that Dickenson was just hoping that Washington was going to open things up, as he was ready.

It is what it is...our Defence has been good, but their style doesn't mesh well with our 1-2-kick, dance offence...

I know it sounds like a broken record, but we are consistently being out coached, and Dorazio is a major defect that we have to try and overcome every week, which is tough to do...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
swervynmerv
Legend

If anyone needs more proof about why Benny needs to go, the post game show on TSN 1040 is proof!

Calgary's D made adjustments? Have the Lions ever? If the coordinators aren't, they should be held accountable. More importantly why isn't Benny making sure adjustments are made.

5 games left and I can see us only winning 1 or 2. Enough to get into the playoffs, even if it is a cross-over?