Lions vs. Stamps Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Glenn finishes our O's suckitude the same way it started tonight, with an INT. Game set match.
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Groan
X2, not even close.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:Thats not a 3 & out. It is a bad football team
Don't you know we have the talent. It's all about the coaching. :wink: :wink:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Kevin Glenn being Kevin Glenn.

In another thread, someone asked if Ottawa fans would rather have him than Burris.

I believe the answer is obvious.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Once Burnham went down the Lions were done. They can't rely entirely on Arceneaux and Harris.
Spud387
Champion

Solar Max wrote:Kevin Glenn being Kevin Glenn.

In another thread, someone asked if Ottawa fans would rather have him than Burris.

I believe the answer is obvious.
Neither? :p
Rammer
Team Captain

Elimimian is not even close to being effective in the second half. Looks and sounds like the same old, same old, no adjustments by the Lions at the half.

Glenn finishes the game thinking that he would rather be a Stamp, giving his best pass of the night to the wide open db.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yes, Mike Reilly LOL

Another 55 min effort of complete ineptitude on Offense. Total crap play calling, execution.

Let the rant begin.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Best part of Lion's game.... The Eliminium exchange at half time.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Blitz
Team Captain

Its a pathetic offensive scheme, pathetic play calling, and even with 3 imports our run blocking was barely adequate. The only weapon we look for is Arsenault. Gore dropped some, Iannauzzi was the weapon he always is, Adekolu (probably spelled it wrong) was finally inserted, thrown to once and made a nice play. All three quarterbacks this season (Glenn, Lulay, and Beck have looked awful in this offence and it was no different tonite.

Anyone want Chap back now??
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Wow, Harris can't put any weight on EITHER foot.
Good, let's see what Antolen can do next week.
Rammer
Team Captain

Larry Key wrote:
sj-roc wrote:Wow, Harris can't put any weight on EITHER foot.
Good, let's see what Antolen can do next week.
I have been waiting for that since preseason. I don't like it to happen at the cost of Harris, but circumstances are what they are. Of course the easy sub would be to have Hunter Steward return and Antolen step in, or the difficult decision of bumping Logan, which is a tough call.
Rammer
Team Captain

Blitz wrote:Its a pathetic offensive scheme, pathetic play calling, and even with 3 imports our run blocking was barely adequate. The only weapon we look for is Arsenault. Gore dropped some, Iannauzzi was the weapon he always is, Adekolu (probably spelled it wrong) was finally inserted, thrown to once and made a nice play. All three quarterbacks this season (Glenn, Lulay, and Beck have looked awful in this offence and it was no different tonite.

Anyone want Chap back now??
You know that it isn't that we want Chap back, but I do understand his arrogance when it came to offense now. The Lions core coaching staff have no clue about the offense. Wally and Beny couldn't tell him what to do on O that he didn't have an answer for. When you know that you are the lone offensive brain on the staff, you can get a little cocky about your role. He must have laughed to himself knowing that Beny was the heir apparent, giving him complete autonomy on O again.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Blitz wrote: Anyone want Chap back now??
Not a chance.