Thomas DeMarco done for 2014.....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

notahomer
Hall of Famer

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=460233

Sorry to hear he had this major injury LATE in the game. I turned off the game before heading out and didn't find out he'd been hurt till now. The Redblacks are really struggling offensively and wonder if Glenn ended up getting the best out of the situation anyways....

I really enjoyed the onside/punt TD that DeMarco was part of......
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

Most unfortunate. I wish him a speedy recovery. While he may not have been the starting QB in 2014, he may have been the planned starter for 2015. Burris was a stop gap idea IMO to give the RB's some credibility. Unless they turn around their season and do well in the playoffs, I'm not sure Burris will be in the 2015 plans.

Considering how things have been going in Ottawa I think DeMarco would have seen a lot more playing time as the season progressed. That would have helped him progree into the starter in 2015. That can still happen as far as 2015 but playing time this season would have been useful.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Blue In BC wrote:Most unfortunate. I wish him a speedy recovery. While he may not have been the starting QB in 2014, he may have been the planned starter for 2015. Burris was a stop gap idea IMO to give the RB's some credibility. Unless they turn around their season and do well in the playoffs, I'm not sure Burris will be in the 2015 plans.

Considering how things have been going in Ottawa I think DeMarco would have seen a lot more playing time as the season progressed. That would have helped him progree into the starter in 2015. That can still happen as far as 2015 but playing time this season would have been useful.
I think DeMarco was not a good fit for an expansion team because he would be a pocket passer with a sub par O line. He is too short to stand tall in the pocket and seemingly not as mobile as someone like Kevin Glenn who while he doesn't run much he is effective at moving around in the pocket.

I'm just not a big fan of DeMarco I guess. He does throw a nice spiral though.