Riders / Lions gets over 1million viewers

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Qman
Champion

WOW!

Chris Cuthbert @CCtsn · 2h
Maybe Dennis Skulsky meant Guaranteed Ratings Win night. 1.026 million watched #Riders #BCLions yesterday. #CFL
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Yes and coffee stocks soared as people rushed to the kitchen to keep themselves awake...AHH BC's scrimmaging the ball again...cup of joe, please...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

MexicoLionFan wrote:Yes and coffee stocks soared as people rushed to the kitchen to keep themselves awake...AHH BC's scrimmaging the ball again...cup of joe, please...
I had a similar reaction: too bad the game had so little offence or excitement especially in the second half with that big of a crowd watching. Those 2 and outs time after time was a lot for a Lions fan to endure. The only thing that the game had going for it was the close score meant the final outcome was not automatic until late in the game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:Yes and coffee stocks soared as people rushed to the kitchen to keep themselves awake...AHH BC's scrimmaging the ball again...cup of joe, please...
:wink: :wink:
dupsdell1
Champion

That is excellent except there should have been a lot more than 33,000 I can't believe I heard today that only 26,000 were sold Last Wed the day before the guaranteed win night. What has happened in a year when the lions were averaging 29,000 a game . ? ? ? ? :yahoo:
ballhawk
Legend

I attended the game on Sunday as well as watched the TSN broadcast later on tape. Big difference! The game appeared much more interesting on TV due to the fine coverage, analysis, and camera work.

A more entertaining game is definitely required for the fans attending the game. When the Lions play boring football and lose, you can expect the attendance numbers to decline. The problem is worsened when home game after home game the Lions continue to play a conservative, frustrating, uninterestng brand of football. It's excruciating to watch plays generate short gains resulting in a 3rd and 3 situation. Need a 4th down. But this is supposed to be wide-open CFL football.

Spectators at the game are important and numbers will decline unless fans feel they are getting entertainment value.

Also interesting to note is that Sask's leading receiver is their wide-side wideout, Rob Bagg, while the Lions basically ignore their wide-outs, deeper patterns over 10 yards, and stretching out the field. I's like the Lions have decided to play football in a sardine can.
"the 1996 season was a very difficult period... I couldn't imagine telling people that I was part of the last days of the CFL... it seemed that there would be no end to the continuous stream of catastrophic problems... it was like living in a toxic fishbowl... if they had known how serious the situation was, but we couldn't make it public, for fear of a total meltdown". (from Bigger Balls, The CFL and Overcoming the Canadian Inferiority Complex, by Jeff Giles)