Lions 36 - TiCats 29 -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Hunter Steward seems like a phenom. Locks on to the pass rusher. Shuts him down. Balance. Long arms. Powerful push with arms. Great mobility. He is a beast. Watched him on most passing plays. Many, many shutdowns. Amazingly solid.

Bazzie. Two sacks and a another for one yard gain. Solo. Yell.

In complaining about the kicking game I posted about a high school coach who always goes onside kickoff. That is one of his plays. McMann has no clue. And the TD return against.

Give KG time and he slices and dices.

Three man rush? Ughhh ...

TiCats undisciplined.

Dan L 90 rushing early in Q1.

JRL misses Banks. TD.

Good stuff and bad stuff.

TiCats stumbling. Blowout for us possible. STs turn it around for Cats. Take the lead, and then back and forth.

D ... Anyone seen Giguere?

Hamilton is a poor team this year. And we gave them hope and life.

We were stupid to use Harris so much, but did we have a choice if we want to win?

I don't think we should get too excited about our prospects.

Hamilton was horrible in many ways. Although we had some great effort, we looked awful at times.

Rolly. :thup:

Kent Austin seems about to go ballistic throughout the game.

Weird game. Intense. Kind of like Benny and Kent.

2:32 left, 4 point lead.

1:00 left, our ball. Glenn to Logan. :thup:
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. GLENN 22/36 407 1 2

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
S. GORE 5 117 0 43
E. ARCENEAUX 4 103 1 38
C. TAYLOR 4 49 0 21
R. LUMBALA 2 39 0 25
A. HARRIS 2 30 0 23
E. JACKSON 2 20 0 15
S. LOGAN 1 17 0 17
M. IANNUZZI 1 15 0 15

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
S. LOGAN 9 16 0 11
A. HARRIS 6 29 1 7
K. GLENN 2 36 1 19
R. LUMBALA 1 4 0 4
S. GORE 1 2 0 2

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
E. ARCENEAUX 1 0 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 4/4 47 3/3 15

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. SCHMITT 5 46.2 115 52

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
S. LOGAN 6 61 10.2 15 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. SCHMITT 4 240 66 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
M. IANNUZZI 2 57 28.5 29 0
S. LOGAN 2 24 12.0 13 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
R. YELL 8 0 0 0
S. ELIMIMIAN 5 0 0 0
A. BAZZIE 4 2 0 0
C. PARKS 4 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 3 0 0 0
K. SMITH 3 0 0 0
A. BIGHILL 2 0 0 0
A. LAROSE 2 0 0 0
J. JOHNSON 2 0 0 0
T. WILLIAMS 2 0 0 0
C. TAYLOR 1 0 0 0
J. HARDRICK 1 0 0 0
D. MENARD 1 0 0 0
K. MITCHELL 1 0 0 0
J. JOHNSON 1 0 0 0
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
D. LEFEVOUR 23/33 298 0 0

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
G. ELLINGSON 4 41 0 16
C. KOCH 4 26 0 20
S. GIGUERE 3 130 0 57
M. MADU 3 48 0 38
C. GABLE 3 7 0 6
B. BANKS 2 16 0 11
A. FANTUZ 2 16 0 10
B. GRANT 2 14 0 7

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
D. LEFEVOUR 9 103 1 63
C. GABLE 1 1 0 1
M. MADU 1 -2 0 0
B. BANKS 1 -2 0 0

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
M. FILER 2 0 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
J. MEDLOCK 5/5 40 2/2 17

Punting NO AVG NET LG
J. MEDLOCK 9 39.9 298 50

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
B. BANKS 5 116 23.2 97 1

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
J. MEDLOCK 5 243 65 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
B. BANKS 4 86 21.5 34 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
A. COLEMAN 6 1 0 0
S. LAWRENCE 5 0 0 0
C. STEPHEN 5 0 0 0
T. REED 4 0 1 0
D. BREAUX 4 0 0 1
D. MURRAY 4 0 0 0
C. BUTLER 3 0 0 0
B. HALL 2 1 0 0
E. DAVIS 2 0 0 0
B. STEWART 2 0 0 0
B. BULCKE 2 0 0 0
E. NORWOOD 1 1 0 0
T. LAURENT 1 0 0 0
F. PLESIUS 0 0 1 0

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well I guess a win is a win but man oh man.

Special teams tonight - epic fail on short kick off and punt return.
Offense, sometimes great other times not so much. Some clutch plays at key times helped immensely
Defense, awful at times and good at others. Where in the hell was the secondary on some of those long Hamilton plays? No one around for 10 or more yards. I could catch those under those conditions.
Like the way I see the D line starting to become a little more dangerous. Had some good pressure tonight at times and some sacks. Bazzie looks to be getting better every game.
Oline was sieve like again tonight at times. Was glad to see Rolly get some love as an outlet. It's like watching an Oline man run out for a pass.

Hamilton - very undisciplined tonight. Penalties probably cost them this game. You can' t give up more than 100 yards in penalties and expect to win very often. Our 3rd Q. TD was basically courtesy of the Hamilton D.

This game looked to have Hamilton in trouble early and then we let them roar back with some very sloppy play. We still look inexperienced at times. That onside kick should never have happened. However, with Harris hurt early and eventually out of the game, some others stepped up. Gore, Taylor, Arceneuax and Logan. All played some pretty key roles at times and good on Glenn for getting them the ball when it really mattered. The last drive was crucial to limiting their chances and they did a good job of eating up yards and the clock.

They still need to do a better job of finding the endzone though.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Excellent synopsis Joe...weird game...HAM played hard but careless and undisciplined, and that's what I saw a lot from their coach...Austin needs to shut up to his players and the refs during the game, take more notes, and then get after people during the week...had HAM not gifted us stupid penalty after stupid penalty...huge yards lost on fumble after fumble, we would have lost this game...yikes.

For Kevin Glenn, that's the WORST 400 yard passing game by a QB that I have witnessed...he is so sloppy with the football and is constantly throwing into coverage...he had 2 picks tonight but could have thrown 5...his lack of respect for maintaining possession must be addressed by the coaches...

As Joe pointed out another strong game from our OLine considering that HAM blitzed us a lot...even with the import went down with a knee injury, Fabien came in and did his job very well...Steward is a phenom...Norman sure looks a lot better with improved play around him.

And what can we say about Andrew Harris...what an effort, what a warrior, what a great talent.

S Ts...wow, just wow...strike one, strike two, strike three your out...except McMann has a get out of jail free card...

Defence...way, Way, WAY too soft of a game plan by Washington...we made HAM a one dimensional team and we didn't make them pay the price...Washington's La De Da game plan kept HAM in the game...the good news is that when he did blitz, we got there and disrupted the play...but it begs the question, WHY SO SOFT? Again, we are NOT generating turnovers because we play so soft...and with the talent we have there's no excuse. Unleash Sol and Biggie and let them have a bigger role in the game...

As Joe said, it is VERY difficult to see this game as anything more than a gift win from HAM...it does not bode well for tackling our toughest foes in the west. While we have the talent, we lack the coaching, preparation and vision to win consistently...HAM did EVERYTHING they could to help us win the game and we still almost lost, at home, with HAM suffering a few key injuries...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
MexicoLionFan
Legend

I don't see the OLine as a sieve...if teams are going to rush 7 against 5 consistently and guess our snap count, pressure is what they are going to generate...
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It's a win and put the Lions above .500 Lots of improvement still needed in all facets of the game. Hamilton was their own worst enemy racking up 130 yards in penalty including 35 yards alone on one drive. Yell was outstanding making several hellacious hits, Shawn Gore was outstanding, Arceneaux was a beast after dropping a sure pass. What does people have to say about Iannuzzi now ?
Ballistic Bob
Legend

A taunting penalty for signaling a first down on Manny. Can you say NFL. THnx BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:A taunting penalty for signaling a first down on Manny. Can you say NFL. THnx BB
Absolutely horrendous call. That play happens all the time.
leo4life
All Star

Harris:True Warrior
Oline:Not purrfect but held the fort enough to win
Special Teams:BRUTAL...Mcmann should be told to retire already
Defense:Bend but dont break a la Stubler...Washington says he will get after people but calls a soft D mosty
Good to see Gore get involved finally and even big Rolly
A win is a win but this performance will not cut it against Edm,Winnipeg,Riders and Stamps the rest of the way imho
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I have complained about officiating after a few Lions games. Maybe I missed some stuff by being in the stadium. IMO, tonight was CERTAINLY NOT a night I could grumble about officiating in terms of it being BIASED against the Lions.

I was AMAZED there was no call on the PI that Austin was eventually able to get called via challenge. IMO, the late taunting penalty sounded like it was called on the wrong player and he mistakenly tossed the ball back at the Ticat. Maybe it wasn't a mistake but it didn't look intentional. Regardless that has been a call made and I don't have a problem with it.

Stunned that Benevides didn't call a timeout near the end of the first half. Then the kneel downs solved that question.

There are certainly some gremlins in that billiion dollar palace known as BC Place Stadium. THe clock and scoreboard have been malfunctioning on a REGULAR basis. Hamilton scored a touchdown, its on the scoreboard, then it dissappears and the score reverts back to 17-6 Lions :dizzy: Partway through the third quarter we are suddenly in the 2nd quarter again due to the scoreboard. Plus in the upper right corner there is a broken pixel (or whatever the term is) on the replay screen. I can see the endzone screen and the bigger screen from my seat.

Worried about the injured players..... There are probably a few.

I was amazed that Glenn had such a big day in terms of yardage. I was probably too focussed on his INTS. He did have a couple of great runs that were amazing to watch in the stadium....
Rammer
Team Captain

leo4life wrote:Harris:True Warrior
Oline:Not purrfect but held the fort enough to win
Special Teams:BRUTAL...Mcmann should be told to retire already
Defense:Bend but dont break a la Stubler...Washington says he will get after people but calls a soft D mosty
Good to see Gore get involved finally and even big Rolly
A win is a win but this performance will not cut it against Edm,Winnipeg,Riders and Stamps the rest of the way imho
Yes there is a difference between playing the East and playing the West. Lions played well enough to beat an Eastern opponent tonight, but that performance had better find some extra intensity if/when they play a Western opponent. The best part was taking away 2 points and staying within reach of a playoff berth.
Entertainment value = an all time low
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Can't fault Glenn on his 2nd interception. Had the receiver (Arceneaux ?) caught the ball, there would be no interception.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Can't fault Glenn on his 2nd interception. Had the receiver (Arceneaux ?) caught the ball, there would be no interception.
Arceneaux in a nutshell represented the ebb and flow of the game, at times he was great, and at other times (including the botched catch turned into an INT), he looked awkward, and I guess you can pinpoint some of the Lions ebbs to his drive killing drops. For a large body, he has to use that to his advantage on the smaller DB's, just not enough of that fight needed from him.
Entertainment value = an all time low
leo4life
All Star

Lions are tied with Eskimos for 2nd most points scored in the CFL with 163 each...however except the Bombers the rest of teams have one game in hand