Lions 25 - Stampeders 24 -- Post Game Stats and Comments

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Interesting game.

Intense.

Andrew Harris. Amazing. In any league.

Luv Matt Dunigan for colour commentary.

Miller stays nicely out of the way.

Stats coming. Plus more comments.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
K. GLENN 22/32 277 2 1

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
C. TAYLOR 9 60 0 14
A. HARRIS 5 73 1 28
E. JACKSON 3 82 1 65
E. ARCENEAUX 3 27 0 18
M. IANNUZZI 2 35 0 18

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
A. HARRIS 13 68 0 15
S. LOGAN 4 23 0 9
T. PARTRIDGE 2 5 0 3
S. GORE 1 9 0 9
K. GLENN 1 1 0 1

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
T. PARTRIDGE 1 0 0 0
T. WILLIAMS 0 0 1 0
D. MARSH 0 0 1 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
P. MCCALLUM 2/2 45 1/1 7

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. SCHMITT 9 48.1 360 52

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
S. LOGAN 7 24 3.4 7 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. SCHMITT 5 312 65 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
S. LOGAN 3 74 24.7 27 0
M. IANNUZZI 1 22 22.0 22 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
S. ELIMIMIAN 10 0 0 0
A. BIGHILL 5 0 0 1
C. PARKS 5 0 0 0
J. JOHNSON 4 0 0 0
D. MARSH 3 0 0 0
K. MITCHELL 2 0 0 0
E. TAYLOR 2 0 0 0
K. SMITH 2 0 0 0
T. WILLIAMS 1 0 0 0
R. PHILLIPS 1 0 0 0
J. JOHNSON 1 0 0 0
A. LAROSE 1 0 0 0
A. BAZZIE 0 1 0 1
R. YELL 0 0 1 1
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
B. MITCHELL 21/30 227 1 1

Receiving Rec YDS TD LG
M. MALLETT 6 59 0 18
J. WEST 4 49 0 18
M. MCDANIEL 3 50 1 25
J. SANDERS 2 31 0 20
A. PARKER 2 14 0 9
J. FULLER 2 10 0 8
B. SINOPOLI 1 9 0 9
R. COTE 1 5 0 5

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
M. MALLETT 14 116 0 57
J. SANDERS 4 15 0 7
D. TATE 1 1 1 1

Fumbles NO LST REC YDS
M. MALLETT 1 1 0 0
A. PARKER 1 1 0 0
B. MITCHELL 1 0 0 0

Field Goals FG LG XP PTS
R. PAREDES 1/1 35 3/3 6

Punting NO AVG NET LG
R. MAVER 8 45.9 343 58

Punt Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
J. SANDERS 5 53 10.6 17 0
M. MCDANIEL 2 20 10.0 14 0

Kickoffs NO YDS LG SG
R. PAREDES 4 256 72 0

Kick Returns NO YDS AVG LG TD
J. SANDERS 5 70 14.0 18 0

Defence TKL SK INT FF
K. RAYMOND 7 0 1 0
D. MAYO 7 0 0 0
B. SMITH 4 0 0 0
J. SIMPSON 4 0 0 0
J. WALL 4 0 0 0
M. JOHNSON 3 0 0 0
C. HUGHES 2 1 0 0
L. SHELL 2 0 0 0
F. BENNETT 2 0 0 0
J. BELL 2 0 0 0
S. LEMON 1 0 0 0
A. BERGER 1 0 0 0
A. PARKER 1 0 0 0
B. MCDONALD 1 0 0 0

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Another bad coaching decision by Bene to go for 2 points with 10 minutes left almost cost us that game. Great game by Harris. Lions showed they can run with the best. That was a good effort by two good teams and the Lions came out on top.
Spud387
Champion

Glenn :thdn:

Harris, never gives up :thup:

Logan's punt returns :thdn: :thdn:

Penalties... again :thdn:

Schmitt, great kicking :thup:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I lost the feed today so can't comment but a 65 yard pass for the win today from Glenn sounds fine to me.

Quite frankly the first part of the game was the DEF of Stubler knowing the OFF of BC.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
MikeAK
All Star

Great effort by Harris tonight. Gets the game ball from me.

Glenn has been garbage and, in my opinion, continued that trend tonight. I never thought I'd say it, but I can't wait for Lulay to return. I have seen enough of Glenn for the season.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Did I say intense? Whooo ... Benny was about to blow a gasket. And the players left it all on the field.

Andrew Harris ... :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

He lit the fire. Even with a 75 yard killer run brought back. I think he scared the Stampeders into some kind of shock. Just freaking awesome. Awesome. He wears that number well. #33. In the footsteps of Joe Smith. With more explosiveness and possibly speed. Just about as much pure power. Great reads of the holes. What he can do when he gets even a freaking sniff of a gap in the line.

Dorazio. Can he do it when he keeps it simple? Yes. Of course he can. Nothing complicated. Power on the runs. Angle left. Angle right. Straight ahead. Using the size and strength and athleticism of the giants in our O Line. Turn those giants loose. Well done, Dan Dorazio. :thup: Better pass pro also. Man on man. And Lumbala. And Harris making some blocks. Stubler helped by not stunting or blitzing much, plus his usual prevent style.

Courtney Taylor. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Huge play by EJ. :thup: :thup: :thup: At that time, in such a game, a great catch, even as easy as it looked. The Stampeders were in such shock from Harris by that time, that the two defenders collided and fell down.

Kevin Glenn hung in there, despite being thrown under the bus by his coach, with poorly chosen words.

Benny is lucky that the two failed two point converts did not come back to bite him in his ass. Climie is right about taking the one at that time.

Bo played poorly. At times we almost gave Calgary's offence some confidence. But our D, although we made mistakes, played with extreme intensity.

Eric Taylor. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Solo. :thup: :thup: :thup:

DBs. :thup: :thup: :thup: Although with LaRose at 15 yards deep and then backpedalling, he does not help much.

Huge play by Bighill knocking the ball loose from Mallett.

Very happy to see Mallett have a great game after all that he has been through.

Bazzie is showing some speed and athleticism.

Did I mention Andrew Harris? Unbelievable 4th quarter. :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Are we out of the woods? Let's not kid ourselves. We have issues. But this is the CFL. Pretty much anything can happen.

And IMO our talent looks pretty good.

Not quite thinking our receiving corps is filled with all stars, but they can be very effective.

Back later. Well done, Lions.

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That was a character-building victory. This team needed it, and earned it by coming from behind and overcoming adversity, including the 75-yard Harris TD that was called back by penalty. Harris and teammates just shook it off and Glenn combined with Jackson on another big play for the win.

Terrific game by the O-line tonight. This is a much maligned young group that played a near-purrfect game. Glenn had all dY to throw. Hardrick looks like a good addition.he got enough push on short yardage that Partridge had time to recover his own fumble and still lick up the first down.

HRris took the team on his back. And the defence came up with 3 turnovers to seal the victory. Onward and upward.
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Despite Benny's repeated attempts to sabotage our chances of winning this game, on two separate occasions for two failed two-point conversions, when all we needed was two single points to make the game 27-25, at the 1:32 minute mark on the clock, the guys found a way to make it happen, when all was on the line...greatest accolades to a team of character on their way to realizing their own self-destiny...and thank you lionbackers everywhere, for sticking around long enough, to help turn it around :beer: :beer: :beer:
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
swervynmerv
Legend

Great come from behind win. I'll take it but way too many coaching mistakes by a supposedly veteran coaching staff from the timing of 2 point converts to not having the players ready to go on a 3rd and short. To Khari's credit he made some adjustments in the half.

Andrew Harris may be playing the best ball of ANY player in the CFL currently.

The offensive line was outstanding tonight. I will leave it to the more "technical" experts such as MLF and Blitz to discuss any changes in scheme that they saw, but Glenn had lots of time tonight. Hopefully we have found our starting five.

Huge difference with Schmidt's hang time to allow down field coverage.
almo89
Legend

Big one. Entertaining at the end. Harris is a one man wrecking crew. Seems to be able to do it all either catching or just running the ball. Solly seems to be everywhere. When he tackles, it's always textbook with the purrfect wrap around. None of those bull fighter crap. Eric Taylor seems to be underrated, but man can that guy run. He can run horizontally and make tackles. He's a beast.

Areas that still concern me. We still don't seem to be able to stretch opposing D vertically outside of the Ernest Jackson play. I couldn't tell from watching on TV, so I don't know if it's because of the receivers can't get any separation. Coaching cost us 2 freebie points today. It would have stung a lot if we lost on a field goal.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:That was a character-building victory. This team needed it, and earned it by coming from behind and overcoming adversity, including the 75-yard Harris TD that was called back by penalty. Harris and teammates just shook it off and Glenn combined with Jackson on another big play for the win.

Terrific game by the O-line tonight. This is a much maligned young group that played a near-purrfect game. Glenn had all dY to throw. Hardrick looks like a good addition.he got enough push on short yardage that Partridge had time to recover his own fumble and still lick up the first down.

HRris took the team on his back. And the defence came up with 3 turnovers to seal the victory. Onward and upward.
OL got much better once the ball was kept on the ground, they just out muscled the Stamps DL, rarely did they touch Harris as the game wore on.

That was a huge win, with a character building get over the terrible reffing call, come from behind in the opposition stadium against the undefeated team in the league.

Harris kept ringing the Bell tonight, it was a hardnosed game that Harris pounded home for the W. Taylor is having an awesome year, he is carrying the DL, what a leader.
Entertainment value = an all time low
leo4life
All Star

Thanks Joe for your usual great post game breakdown...always on point...Benny nearly gave it away with the 2 point converts but the O finally came through in the clutch...hoping they can carry this momentum to next week vs Ti-Cats...great road win!!!
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

- Good character win but there are still room for improvement

- Lions were winning the field position game with Ricky Schmitt's punting

- Insertion of Jermarcus Hardrick into the lineup was a good move

- Play of the offensive line

- Solomon Elimimian is a one man wrecking crew out there

- As others have mentioned, bad coaching decision almost cost us the game.