Bombers vs. Lions Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Geroy "Superman" Simon to be inducted into the Lions' Ring of Honour at half time. Biggest crowd of the season anticipated.

Lions missing Khalif Mitchell, Ricky Schmidt, and Washington.

Contrasting coaches : O'Shea vs. Benevides

Lions need to continue doing what they've been doing the past couple of weeks ie. Bring pressure, run the football and quick passes
Rammer
Team Captain

^^^

1) Skip the first one.

2) Skip the first two, going to miss the third one.

3) Skip, skip, skip...that is Benevides going down the sideline to chest bump a player.

4) Skip to the win.
Entertainment value = an all time low
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:Geroy "Superman" Simon to be inducted into the Lions' Ring of Honour at half time. Biggest crowd of the season anticipated.

Lions missing Khalif Mitchell, Ricky Schmidt, and Washington.

Contrasting coaches : O'Shea vs. Benevides

Lions need to continue doing what they've been doing the past couple of weeks ie. Bring pressure, run the football and quick passes
Marc Washington isn't missing...he is coaching the D.

Dimeback, Torri Williams is on the 1 game IR list. Does anyone know what are his injuries?
MexicoLionFan
Legend

Ricky Schmitt is injured??? How did that happen and for how long??? I hope McCallum doesn't kill us tonight with his KO's and punting.
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

MexicoLionFan wrote:Ricky Schmitt is injured??? How did that happen and for how long??? I hope McCallum doesn't kill us tonight with his KO's and punting.
Motor scooter accident on Tuesday.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/07/22 ... -accident/
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

sj-roc wrote:
MexicoLionFan wrote:Ricky Schmitt is injured??? How did that happen and for how long??? I hope McCallum doesn't kill us tonight with his KO's and punting.
Motor scooter accident on Tuesday.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/07/22 ... -accident/
Diagnosed as a second-degree shoulder separation. He "could return next week," according to LU.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:Marc Washington isn't missing...he is coaching the D.

Dimeback, Torri Williams is on the 1 game IR list. Does anyone know what are his injuries?
Brain fart. I was thinking of Williams.
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:

Williams. Washington. Defence lawyers' names. To go along with Smith. Taylor. Mitchell. Johnson. "The Law Firm."
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

WestCoastJoe wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:

Williams. Washington. Defence lawyers' names. To go along with Smith. Taylor. Mitchell. Johnson. "The Law Firm."
Then there is Johnson & Johnson... a family company.
leo4life
All Star

Nik Moore said hes very fired up to beat his old team tonight....Parks will take his assingnent?
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

leo4life wrote:Nik Moore said hes very fired up to beat his old team tonight....Parks will take his assingnent?
Yes, LU expects the Lions to have Parks on Moore and Phillips on Denmark but I expect to see a lot of formations from the Bombers and coverages from the Lions. A steady diet of man coverage gives a big advantage to the offence.
leo4life
All Star

Thanks B.C.Fan,also i noticed Marsh is being thrown to alot more this season...maybe teams dont fear him on the shortside corner anymore
MexicoLionFan
Legend

What a horrid play call by Jones on 2 and 1...that is EXACTLY the kind of stupid run play JC would have called. We shouldn't be going sideways on 2 and 1...straight ahead, quick hitter...dumb, Dumb, DUMB. I expect better from Jones!
"Condemnation Without Investigation is the height of ignorance."

Albert Einstein
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Two holding calls and a procedure call, and we're in the early part of the second quarter.

That's Dean Valli being Dean Valli.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Hey. That Tim Brown guy is pretty good. Maybe we ought to think about him returning kicks more often.