Ochocinco signs with the Alouettes

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Spud387
Champion

Do I see this happening? haha no, but kind of fun to see twitter react to Chad Johnson's tweet.

Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco
BC Lions RT @ddangatti: What team u gonna sign with bruh? @ochocinco

Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco
@BCLions I'm training like a LION‼️
Reactions:
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
Well... this could be interesting RT @ochocinco BC Lions RT @ddangatti: What team u gonna sign with bruh?

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
Ummmm ...... RT @ochocinco: BC Lions RT @ddangatti: What team u gonna sign with bruh? @ochocinco

Mike Martignago ‏@MikeMartignago
Make it happen. RT @ochocinco: BC Lions RT @ddangatti: What team u gonna sign with bruh? @ochocinco

Cameron Chism ‏@CamChism
“@SlowJamGoodman: “@ochocinco: BC Lions RT @ddangatti: What team u gonna sign with bruh? @ochocinco”@CamChism” [characters equaling wide opens eyes & a listening ear]

<Title edited by Mod Staff to reflect Johnson signing with the Alouettes. Good forum here for all things Ochocinco.>
Spud387
Champion

And now the Lions & Chad exchange words:
BC Lions ‏@BCLions
Hmm... RT @ochocinco: BC Lions RT @CaptainRodawg: The question everybody wants an answer to is where will @ochocinco sign this offseason
BC Lions ‏@BCLions
Guess we’ll be seeing you at our free agent camps? ;) —> http://bit.ly/1no9m6L RT @ochocinco: @BCLions I'm training like a LION‼️@CFL
Chad Johnson ‏@ochocinco
Wide open & stopping on 2 nickels RT @BCLions: Guess we’ll be seeing you at our free agent camps? ;) —> http://bit.ly/1no9m6L RT @ochocinco
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I like the Lions account response. Go to FA camp and pay your $50 or whatever the fee is - and we'll see.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Wouldn't want him for free.

Would not have wanted Terrell Owens either.

Nor Randy Moss.

Please keep your prima donna wide receivers in the NFL. Or just let them go quietly into the night. As if quietly was going to happen. LOL
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Like the comments from the Lion players. Think Korey Banks is a little bitter ?
The_Pauser
Legend

He's been interacting with Dante Marsh and Cam Chism....I think this is legit.
Roar you Lions roar!
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

I'm fairly certain this was a joke by Johnson that the team (including players) are milking for publicity for the Lions......but, I guess you can never be 100% certain.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 5m

Wally Buono tells me he now feels compelled to take a closer look at @ochocinco's interest in #BCLions. Will be very cautious though. #CFL
Lloyd
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Wally can't afford to sign a high-profile NFL free agent if he can't afford to re-sign his starting running back, Andrew Harris. Contract talks with Harris appear to be stalled over money.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:Wally can't afford to sign a high-profile NFL free agent if he can't afford to re-sign his starting running back, Andrew Harris. Contract talks with Harris appear to be stalled over money.
Money isn't the question here, it comes down to trying to emulate the Argos and sign high profile ex-NFL players. It is not the way for success, and creates a division in a room that needs to be as tight knit as possible. Just think how the outrageous Ochocinco would exploit the country club style CFL atmosphere, not a very pretty thought, nevermind the local produce.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:Wally can't afford to sign a high-profile NFL free agent if he can't afford to re-sign his starting running back, Andrew Harris. Contract talks with Harris appear to be stalled over money.
IMHO.....Until the SMS cap for 2014 has been firmly established, all teams will have problems extending established veteran players.
Lloyd
dpoe
Starter

Shades of the Murray Pezim era... Don't want to see that again
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

This fan is bothered by this development. An unhappy Andrew Harris bodes very poorly for our season.
John Madden's Team Policies: Be on time. Pay attention. Play like hell on game day.

Jimmy Johnson's Game Keys: Protect the ball. Make plays.

Walter Payton's Advice to Kids: Play hard. Play fair. Have fun.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
This fan is bothered by this development. An unhappy Andrew Harris bodes very poorly for our season.
It's possible Harris has NFL aspirations....in fact, a fellow I had doing some renovations knows Harris and his family well.....he alluded to this (before Christmas). So coupled with an unknown salary cap.....I could see Harris wanting to hold out for a while until things become clearer.....and I could also see Buono doing his damndest to get him signed ASAP.
Lloyd
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

WestCoastJoe wrote:Wouldn't want him for free.

Would not have wanted Terrell Owens either.

Please keep your prima donna wide receivers in the NFL. Or just let them go quietly into the night. As if quietly was going to happen. LOL
I think Johnson may be more like TO-lite like an Arland Bruce. Colourful and exuded the prima donna personna when the cameras and mics were on but OC85 also had a rep for being very dedicated to his profession and one of the hardest workers in practice and preparation.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Not a huge priority to sign (try out?), but you can't deny that a) he has talent and b) he would sell tickets.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar