Third Unis?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Honour Dewalt
Champion

I think I remember hearing that the Lions would come out with new third uniforms this coming year? Is that true? Has anyone heard anything? They didn't wear the thirds last year.
dtrain
Starter

I remember them saying they're considering the idea, no confirmation though. I'd love to see them wear the 1960 uniform: all black, orange numbers and the Trojan style helmet design - very cool!
David
Team Captain

dtrain wrote:I remember them saying they're considering the idea, no confirmation though. I'd love to see them wear the 1960 uniform: all black, orange numbers and the Trojan style helmet design - very cool!
dtrain, you stand as much chance of seeing an all-black uniform as seeing Casey Printers again as our starting quarterback (and if you're thinking of the helmets they wore from about '59-'62, they were replicas of the Michigan Wolverines winged helmets).

The club has forged its identity with the colour orange and is unlikely to deviate from it (although I tend to think they go a bit overboard with this concept). To my way of thinking, it wouldn't hurt in this their 60th Anniversary season to say, pay tribute to their first Grey Cup championship (1964) with 1 or 2 games in replica uniforms. Again, they seem unwilling to try anything that doesn't have a lot of orange in it so I won't hold my breath, but it was still a very clean, classic, and timeless look.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Rammer
Team Captain

David wrote:
dtrain wrote:I remember them saying they're considering the idea, no confirmation though. I'd love to see them wear the 1960 uniform: all black, orange numbers and the Trojan style helmet design - very cool!
dtrain, you stand as much chance of seeing an all-black uniform as seeing Casey Printers again as our starting quarterback (and if you're thinking of the helmets they wore from about '59-'62, they were replicas of the Michigan Wolverines winged helmets).

The club has forged its identity with the colour orange and is unlikely to deviate from it (although I tend to think they go a bit overboard with this concept). To my way of thinking, it wouldn't hurt in this their 60th Anniversary season to say, pay tribute to their first Grey Cup championship (1964) with 1 or 2 games in replica uniforms. Again, they seem unwilling to try anything that doesn't have a lot of orange in it so I won't hold my breath, but it was still a very clean, classic, and timeless look.

David, I don't know if you recall, but we were both in BC Place at Fanfest, and on stage was DD and CP. You made the comment on which one you would think by appearance was the athlete, it was made in jest, but wow did that explode up in our faces that season. Now he becomes the example of an athlete not to bring to your team, how the mighty have fallen.
Entertainment value = an all time low
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Actually, I thought at some point, Skulsky talked about another predominately black alternate for 2013.
donefron
Starter

Speaking with Aaron that sews their jerseys they are supposed to come out with a 3rd black jersey this year
dtrain
Starter

David wrote:

Wolverines helmets, not Trojans - I stand corrected, nonetheless, they would look very cool and sell like hotcakes at the seasons end auction.
Would love to see a black jersey with orange numbers, the Bears have a throw back uni like this (navy blue rather than black) that looks great.