Peguese traded to Ti-Cats for futures

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Trade just announced on 1040. Is this to help clear cap space for Eli's return?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Have to think that this is a roster move for Elimimian. What jcalhoun has mentioned can't have helped his case any.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

:cr: I guess Maurice Evans will be replacing him on the roster
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

sj-roc wrote:Trade just announced on 1040. Is this to help clear cap space for Eli's return?
That has to be what's going on.

Aside: Someone on my twitter feed says he acted like a douche to them.
Big Time
Champion

jcalhoun wrote:It was reported earlier last week that he and Banks got into it at practice this past week, and apparently he got in Coach Benny's face as well. I may be mis-remembering, but I wonder if that had something to do with it.
Man, you're no fun. Why do you have to inject logic and reason into perfectly good speculation? :tease:

Clearly this move is clearing the way for Sol E. I will entertain no ideas to the contrary! :pray:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Big Time wrote:
jcalhoun wrote:It was reported earlier last week that he and Banks got into it at practice this past week, and apparently he got in Coach Benny's face as well. I may be mis-remembering, but I wonder if that had something to do with it.
Man, you're no fun. Why do you have to inject logic and reason into perfectly good speculation? :tease:

Clearly this move is clearing the way for Sol E. I will entertain no ideas to the contrary! :pray:
Mike Beamish is tweeting that it's to clear room for Sol E.
Blitz
Team Captain

Peguese did a good job for us on special teams...he was a key to getting our downfield coverage improved and he did decent job in his roational spot duty.

No doubt its to clear room for Eliminian but we could possibly have gotten rid of Evans rather than Peguse. Evans gives us flexibility in that he can play tackle or end. No doubt that we will go with different blitz packages when we insert Sol E. on the roster..I can't see us lining him up as a rush end every time he goes into the rotation.

Peguese did get into it with Banks twice...in the previous game and in practice and Peguse then got into it with Benevedes when the altercation got broken up. Whether it had anything to do with it..or not...I doubt it was the major factor..Peguese was the most obvious choice to leave once a roster spot was needed for Eliminian.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Rammer
Team Captain

Not sure about the cap room clearance aspect on SolE. It was reported by his agent that SolE wouldn't entertain a redone contract with the Lions and would play out his option year only. That said, he shouldn't be at that high a tab for 8 games this season.
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Don't have privy to inside information.

So ... My guess would be the altercations with Banks and words with Benny did not sit well in a team that values chemistry highly. Enough to ship Peguese out? It would seem so to me.

If Solo returns I suspect it will not be at the expense of the six man D Line rotation. I'm guessing that Solo would draw in for someone else. So Evans would suit up for D Line rotation.

So it seems to me the trade had nothing to do with a return by Solo.

If the trade had nothing to do with a return by Solo, then why trade him mid season?

Just my reading on it. If Solo does not return, and Evans suits up? If Solo does return, and Evans also suits up?

Wouldn't be the first guy shipped out for chemistry reasons.

Bad sign I would say for a new guy to get into it with a defensive teammate like Banks. And a bad sign that a new guy had words back at Benny.

Could be wrong ...
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Rammer wrote:Not sure about the cap room clearance aspect on SolE. It was reported by his agent that SolE wouldn't entertain a redone contract with the Lions and would play out his option year only. That said, he shouldn't be at that high a tab for 8 games this season.
No need to clear cap room for Elimimian unless it was for a new extension. An article I read a few days ago mentioned his CFL deal would run around $3500 per week compared to NFL PR coin of $5700 per week. No surprise there as he'd be still on his original CFL deal. Looks like he isn't making a whole lot above CFL minimum. In other words SMS wise his salary is a wash for whomever loses their roster spot to make room.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Rammer
Team Captain

WestCoastJoe wrote:Don't have privy to inside information.

So ... My guess would be the altercations with Banks and words with Benny did not sit well in a team that values chemistry highly. Enough to ship Peguese out? It would seem so to me.

If Solo returns I suspect it will not be at the expense of the six man D Line rotation. I'm guessing that Solo would draw in for someone else. So Evans would suit up for D Line rotation.

So it seems to me the trade had nothing to do with a return by Solo.

If the trade had nothing to do with a return by Solo, then why trade him mid season?

Just my reading on it. If Solo does not return, and Evans suits up? If Solo does return, and Evans also suits up?

Wouldn't be the first guy shipped out for chemistry reasons.

Bad sign I would say for a new guy to get into it with a defensive teammate like Banks. And A bad sign that a new guy had words back at Benny.

Could be wrong ...
Well he did just get shipped out to Hamilton, which looks like they will be on the outside looking in come playoff time, so yeah I would concur that it is a bad sign. :)
Entertainment value = an all time low
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote: Well he did just get shipped out to Hamilton, which looks like they will be on the outside looking in come playoff time, so yeah I would concur that it is a bad sign. :)
For some reason I have that CCR song in my head ... "There's a bad moon on the rise." :)

And it also brings to mind that receiver with the ultra cool name, Andre "Bad Moon" Rison.
The_Pauser
Legend

Should have punished him by sending him to Winnipeg.
Roar you Lions roar!