LION82's final game tonight

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Maybe it was only fitting one of the Lion all-time greats never did really fit in with the Riders even though it was his hometown team.

Three MOPs (2002 top rookie, 2004 and 2007 top Canadian) and a Grey Cup during seven fantastic seasons in BC. Hopefully he will be flown out to a home game sometime next season for a proper salute from Lion fans. Good luck with the real estate business and your young family #82.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

All the best to Lion82. Scoring a game-winning touchdown on the Esks would be a great way for him to end his career and pay back his B.C. supporters, especially after he scored a game-winning touchdown to end the Lions' season last year.
joe kapp22
Legend

He had a great run, all the best to him.

But, a part of me sees Thelwell on the roster along with Bates being activated, and wonder if Wally really would let him "retire". :cool:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Congrats on an OUTSTANDING career JC82! There has to be a spot for you on the ring of honour.

As for retiring a BC Lion, I say no... he should go ahead and leave the game as a Roughrider. That's his hometown, he lives and works there. No need to make the local fans feel snubbed by a strictly ceremonial gesture. But I agree with SammyGreene, bring him back for a proper salute next season.

But first things first, JC82... GO KICK SOME ESKIMOS ASS!! You were Mr. Clutch so often for BC, it would only be appropriate that you come through for the Lions one more time.
Rammer
Team Captain

B.C.FAN wrote:All the best to Lion82. Scoring a game-winning touchdown on the Esks would be a great way for him to end his career and pay back his B.C. supporters, especially after he scored a game-winning touchdown to end the Lions' season last year.
That would be a sweet ending for his career, substantiating his BC roots alright. One of the real warriors of the CFL and always a class guy that you want on your team. Best of luck to his bright future as a realtor, and grow up some future Lion players. :beer:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Passaglia
All Star

Just tuned into game now so may have missed something: Has he in fact announced he is done after this season?? I know he probably didn't come as advertised in Regina but based on his birth certificate, you'd think he'd still have a bit more left in the tank.
notahomer
Hall of Famer

One of my favourite current CFL players. Certainly one of my favourite Lions when he was pulling on the orange.... Liked how he seemed to not care if he got hit and/or hurt the hitter.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Passaglia wrote:Just tuned into game now so may have missed something: Has he in fact announced he is done after this season?? I know he probably didn't come as advertised in Regina but based on his birth certificate, you'd think he'd still have a bit more left in the tank.
Typical Clermont in that he didn't want to make it a big deal it was his final game but here is his post-game tweet. Great to know he is coming out to Vancouver for GC. :thup:
JasonClermont: Thanks #RiderNation and the @BCLions for a @CFL career that has fulfilled my childhood dreams. Taking @RenaeClermont to #GreyCup as a fan.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Toughest inside receiver to ever play for the Lions. Best wishes on his retirement.
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:Toughest inside receiver to ever play for the Lions. Best wishes on his retirement.
I liked Jan Carinci as well, and who can forget Harry Holt. But Clermont is tough as nails and perhaps that cut a few years off of his career in the end.
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
TheLionKing wrote:Toughest inside receiver to ever play for the Lions. Best wishes on his retirement.
I liked Jan Carinci as well, and who can forget Harry Holt. But Clermont is tough as nails and perhaps that cut a few years off of his career in the end.
His instant shake off of William Loftus's hit at BCP — punctuated with a defiant spin of the ball on the turf and a loud roar of approval from the fans — was perhaps his defining moment as a player.

Check out some of his highlights here... all from his ROOKIE year:

[youtube][/youtube]

And here's the Loftus hit:

[youtube][/youtube]
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Lion82 was and has been my favorite Lion since his arrival to the west coast. I truly believe the Lions lost a little something when he left. It really was unfortunate that he wasn't played often in Saskatchewan and never really given a real role out there.

Lion82 always was and is what I think of as the consummate CFL player, Canadian style. He was a class act both on and off the field. He played the game like it was meant to be played, with toughness and pure heart. Even when he went to the Riders he was sill Lion82 to me. He was a terrific player, a joy to watch and his retirement is a loss to the CFL and to CFL fans everywhere.

Jason, I want to thank you for choosing to play in the CFL. As a fan, and in particular a BC Lions fan, I looked forward to watching you suit up each and every week. You brought an added dimension to the game and were just another reason why this League is so great. I want to wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and I know you will do fine, with your work ethic and dedication, you will have nothing but success in all you do. I also want to thank your family for sharing you with us. I know it couldn't have been easy but their sacrifice was our gain, and I thank them for that.

Jason, hold your head high and be proud, very proud of your accomplishments in the CFL, for you did more for this League than just catch a few footballs. You were an Ambassador and a role model and truly one of the greats of the game. Thank you.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
ziggy
Legend

What can you say, one of the toughest players to play the game. I used to shudder during his last few years here when he seemed to be constantly led into a tackler. He never let the impending hit distract him! How he still hung on after most of those nasty hits and still bounced back up was astonishing.
Hutch85
All Star

LFITQ said it all. JC was a favourite of mine, and yeah I didn't like it at all when he was released.
His instant shake off of William Loftus's hit at BCP — punctuated with a defiant spin of the ball on the turf and a loud roar of approval from the fans
What a beauty of a catch - still makes me think "hell yeah!" when I watch it.

Thanks for the memories Jason, and all the best to you in the future.
Rammer
Team Captain

Hutch85 wrote:LFITQ said it all. JC was a favourite of mine, and yeah I didn't like it at all when he was released.
His instant shake off of William Loftus's hit at BCP — punctuated with a defiant spin of the ball on the turf and a loud roar of approval from the fans
What a beauty of a catch - still makes me think "hell yeah!" when I watch it.

Thanks for the memories Jason, and all the best to you in the future.
How about the INT a Stamps receiver took away from JC and very unlike a receiver, laid him out Elimimiam style.