Geroy right or wrong?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Rammer
Team Captain

geroysimon Geroy Simon
The Broncos are letting the @timtebow flame burn out. See you in the @CFL in 2 yrs homie!
30 Oct

That was placed on his twitter account on Sunday, with apparently a ton of returns that don't agree with him. Is he right or wrong?
Entertainment value = an all time low
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Right in his prediction or Right to say it.

Tebow was drafted too high. There is too much expectation on him and it could very well bury him so far as the NFL is concerned. Does that mean he is CFL bound? We have seen more times than I can count how many highly touted NFL QB's can't cut the mustard in the CFL either. Was it impolitic to tweet it...Probably.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Rammer
Team Captain

Sir Purrcival wrote:Right in his prediction or Right to say it.

Tebow was drafted too high. There is too much expectation on him and it could very well bury him so far as the NFL is concerned. Does that mean he is CFL bound? We have seen more times than I can count how many highly touted NFL QB's can't cut the mustard in the CFL either. Was it impolitic to tweet it...Probably.
Oh so many variables that I didn't anticipate. :)

I think that you got the proper answer to the question that I had intended. CFL bound does not mean CFL stayed though. Tweeting it seems to have hit a nerve though, as Geroy suggests that he has over 200 new followers of his twitter account. He does seem like a TO potential QB, NFL pedigree will help sell a few tickets to those that believe that is the route to be a successful for that franchise.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:geroysimon Geroy Simon
The Broncos are letting the @timtebow flame burn out. See you in the @CFL in 2 yrs homie!
30 Oct

That was placed on his twitter account on Sunday, with apparently a ton of returns that don't agree with him. Is he right or wrong?
I dont twitter. Whats with the @ all over the place???
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I don't tweet; birds tweet
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Kinda surprised he said it. I stated in another thread (the NFL one :cool: ) how Tebow seems to be a real polarizing figure. Say anything nasty about him and some react with what an amazing athlete he is. Others feel he's never going to amount to anything. I obviously don't really care (Broncos are not one of the NFL teams I try to catch) but usually things take time. The Broncos other QB's have had chances too and struggled. It just seems Tebow gets a lot of hype when he plays well and lots of flack when he struggles. Maybe he would do better up in the CFL but thats assumming he wants to play here. Besides maybe the Broncos will be able to make some chicken salad out of Tebow just yet.....
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

Wow. Tebow sure does draw reactions.

I've never seen him play, just highlights here and there.

I gather he is more of a runner than NFL type QB.

His passing stats look poor at this point.

And yet he certainly does seem to be a "winning" athlete.

If he does not cut it in the NFL, there is no guarantee he will cut it in the CFL either. However, the NFL, with its computer printout personnel work, oftentimes misses out on guys who flourish in the CFL. Too small. Bad throwing mechanics. Et cetera.

Interesting that he had Marc Trestman help prepare him prior to NFL workouts. I wonder what Trestman truly thinks of his talent and potential, both for the NFL and the CFL.

If Tebow ends up in the CFL, that will be very interesting. As I said, no guarantee he would star. Trestman would be the guy who might know. Or the late Bill Walsh, who took relatively unknown, or not highly rated guys, like Joe Montana, Virgil Carter, Ken Anderson, and Greg Cook (and even Steve Young who most people saw as an amazing athlete, although left handed) and turned them into very, very productive players.
joe kapp22
Legend

Geroy is right in the sense that Tebow would be a prototype CFL Qb whose skills fit the wider field.

That said, I'd doubt he'll play here as just his name alone is worth big bucks to NFL franchises as he sells a ton of jerseys and generates buzz even as a backup. :2cents:
Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

30 Oct

Other than bad footwork, poor accuracy beyond 10 yards throwing and an inability to read more than two receivers on the same half of the field, what would make you think Tim Tebow is a poor NFL quarterback?

Best career advice I could offer Tebow at this point: learn French.
Rammer
Team Captain

cromartie wrote:
30 Oct

Other than bad footwork, poor accuracy beyond 10 yards throwing and an inability to read more than two receivers on the same half of the field, what would make you think Tim Tebow is a poor NFL quarterback?

Best career advice I could offer Tebow at this point: learn French.
Sounds like a replica of Durant, perhaps he should learn French and beat Tebow to the punch.
Blitz
Team Captain

Geroy would have been wise not to say anything...not that its a big problem about what he said. However, the whole Twitter thing and pro athletes is becoming problematic...look at Rob Murhpy's recent Twitter comments.

Tebow is not likely going to become a successful NFL quarterback...but who knows. However, the whole Tebow reaction has been triggered because Tebow is a Christian athlete who has been overt in his comments about his belief...and if he was any other sophomore quarterback just trying to become a starter he would mainly be under the radar. Tebow's father was a missionary and Tebow is also one as well as being a pro athlete. Some of the reactions to Tebow have been more than over the top and the reactions say more about the peope who are making them than Tebow himself.
"When I went to Catholic high school in Philadelphia, we just had one coach for football and basketball. He took all of us who turned out and had us run through a forest. The ones who ran into the trees were on the football team". (George Raveling)
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

With 32 teams and 3 QBs per team, there is likely still a spot for Tebow on an NFL roster. I'm sure he probably thinks he belongs, and even the money to hold a clipboard is pretty good in the NFL. Now if he wants to actually play football, the CFL might be a good option for him. Toronto would probably love to have him just for the media attention he would generate.
LFITQ
Team Captain

Be careful what you wish for...

One other highly touted QB coming to Canada comes to mind. Sorry Als fans but it has to be said.... Vince Farragamo. He didn't exactly save the franchise in Momtreal and I would be worried that a rush decision by the Argos could bring about similar results.
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

not saying I would want to see him in orange and black... I've seen enough NFL calibre QBs fail in the CFL. But I could see how the Toronto mentality would go for a guy with Tebow's hype.
OV - 54:40
Champion

Blitz wrote:Geroy would have been wise not to say anything...not that its a big problem about what he said. However, the whole Twitter thing and pro athletes is becoming problematic...look at Rob Murhpy's recent Twitter comments.

Tebow is not likely going to become a successful NFL quarterback...but who knows. However, the whole Tebow reaction has been triggered because Tebow is a Christian athlete who has been overt in his comments about his belief...and if he was any other sophomore quarterback just trying to become a starter he would mainly be under the radar. Tebow's father was a missionary and Tebow is also one as well as being a pro athlete. Some of the reactions to Tebow have been more than over the top and the reactions say more about the peope who are making them than Tebow himself.

I think you may be right on this Blitz - if he didn't have the religious background would their be near as much attention?; plus, a lot of the NFL super-experts and their devotees had written the guy off as a pro QB because of "mechanics" and they''d love nothing more to be proven right and their know-it-all attitudes redeemed - don't want to see some Heisman winner from a school that just isn't allowed to produce NFL QBs succeed in the NFL; these clowns just don't get how often they are clueless with their "scouting" and the sickening NFL hero-worhip of their type guys instead.

Doubt Tebow ever comes to the CFL though.