2011 Grey Cup Halftime Show....

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

pennw
Legend

Bachman was a world beater compared to that horrid thing that played pre-game . I had to turn the channel for that .
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

bachman was part of the best two half time shows in the last 2 decades, with the exception of Shania.

Personally, I would be happy with Jim Brynes or Tom Jackson.
Last edited by KnowItAll on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
zark
Champion

I liked the tunes, but seeing some rockin' old guys is not for me or for my kids...
How about the future of pop. She's a hologram on stage with real musicians and a sold out audience with glow sticks...her managers will never worry about rehab...
"'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
Groucho Marx
Ness
prospect

I loved the halftime show. Great hearing all the old stuff. I also loved Blue Rodeo last year. As long as it isn't the Black Eyed Peas, I'm good with whatever they choose.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I'll admit, I didn't see the half time show, but from what I've heard Bachman-Turner (minus Overdive) were excellent. The Grey Cup is a celebration of the uniquely Canadian game, and embracing Canadian traditions and history is part of the festival. That doesn't mean I want to see Trooper or Chiliwack play at every Grey Cup half-time show, but occasionally if you can roll out an icon of Canadiana rock & roll and make it work, that's a great thing.

Now despite what I have said, AC/DC would be MASSIVE for the 2011 Grey Cup! If they decide to go Canadian I would want to see Neil Young (electric not unplugged) or Rush.
Rammer
Team Captain

Have to admit that I am not in the demographic that the CFL wants to impress, but I absolutely thought that the Bauchman and Turner halftime show was great. Not to impressed with the TSN hostess who pronounced it Buckman, but we are apparently in very different age categories. Really the CFL is trying for a younger audience outside of the football core and I am not sure that the graybeards grab their attention. Lets put it this way, my children weren't buying what my wife and I were selling them at halftime.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:Have to admit that I am not in the demographic that the CFL wants to impress, but I absolutely thought that the Bauchman and Turner halftime show was great. Not to impressed with the TSN hostess who pronounced it Buckman, but we are apparently in very different age categories. Really the CFL is trying for a younger audience outside of the football core and I am not sure that the graybeards grab their attention. Lets put it this way, my children weren't buying what my wife and I were selling them at halftime.
yeah but, if children knew what was best, they wouldnt need parents :wink:
SJ46
Starter

I liked BTO. They were good. But that's me and i'm old. My teen age son watched for a few minutes and left. It's him the CFL needs to attract,not me. I'm already hooked for life.
SJ46
AC/DC Rocks
Champion

Did some one say AC/DC at the Grey cup halftime show, yeah that would be pretty sweet, I'm assuming the sound would be better to, with the new roof.

Some of my choices for Canadian talent would be The Hip,and Rush.

Bachman and Turner were great and I agree with pennw, what was that pregame stuff, I also turned the channel.

Scott Ackels probably is a good one to write to cause he is GM of the Grey cup committee.

I'm going to write in my choices to.
Bighill is Badass
Anglophone
All Star

I'm young, and I think BTO was good. The anthem was butchered, however.
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Anglophone wrote:I'm young, and I think BTO was good. The anthem was butchered, however.
I thought there was nothing wrong with the anthem. Then again, I don't believe most Canadians are accustomed to hearing the anthem in two different languages. The Trews, while not my preferred music, and I don't know how well they know French, was pretty pleased.

If you want butchered, I'll point you to the Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremonies or when that guy in Vegas tried to sing it to the tune of O Christmas Tree
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I don't care at all about halftime shows. Frankly, I would rather watch the TSN panel dissect the game. I thought the Black Eyed Peas in 2005 were about as young and hip and international as the Grey Cup could get. A group that appeals to a similar demographic would be better than a recycled Canadian act from the '70s or '80s.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

why does the half time show have to be music anyhow.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:

If you want butchered, I'll point you to the Vancouver 2010 Opening Ceremonies or when that guy in Vegas tried to sing it to the tune of O Christmas Tree
X2