Leapfrog weekend??!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

bigolebubbs
prospect

Okay I hate jumping the gun in the CFL but it's just so damn fun! If our boys win and the very realistic scenario of a Stamps W, Eskies and Roughies L plays out we will find the good guys tucked nicely into second by way of the tie-breaker with Sask. That would be a nice change after being buried in the basement for so long.

Now this is my first post on here (beauty site by the way) and I notice there are minimal to no "predictions" threads. That must mean it is discouraged. But surely I can plead ignorance just this once right folks?
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

bigolebubbs wrote:Okay I hate jumping the gun in the CFL but it's just so damn fun! If our boys win and the very realistic scenario of a Stamps W, Eskies and Roughies L plays out we will find the good guys tucked nicely into second by way of the tie-breaker with Sask. That would be a nice change after being buried in the basement for so long.

Now this is my first post on here (beauty site by the way) and I notice there are minimal to no "predictions" threads. That must mean it is discouraged. But surely I can plead ignorance just this once right folks?
Not discouraged at all; no one likes to be wrong is all. 8)

Welcome, by the way.
MacNews
Team Captain

Hey bigolebubbs welcome to the site! Great first post! :thup:

You are correct it is possible for our three Western opponents to all lose on the weekend, however I don't think that's probable.

Sask was beat twice by us..so I think they will be very hungry for a win. Calgary has solid coaching now, so I think they will win too.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Good points, MacNews, but apparently O'Day is not playing in Montreal now.

That team wins by having dominant O and D lines, and will suffer greatly without him. Riders are in tough against a very good Alouette club.
Vern Halen
Champion

O'Day may see spot duty this weekend, but Makowsky will start at center. O'Day will be good to go for game 1 vs Calgary the following week for sure.

The only question marks are Neal Hughes and Stu Foord starting in the backfield - Foord + Hughes < Cates...but as always, we in Regina are optimistic... :rockin:

We'll see - we are hungry for a win, as has been pointed out.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Riders D may make AC and the Als look ordinary this weekend.
ziggy
Legend

Als looked pretty good last game, I'm guessing they'll pull off another win(well maybe just hoping).
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I think the Als are going to take the Riders this weekend.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

DanoT wrote:Riders D may make AC and the Als look ordinary this weekend.

That's all they need to be. Riders have no offence. Starts with QB; Riders don't have one. I'm not sure what Tillman and Miller were thing putting all their eggs (Marcus Crandell) in one basket. And then throwing out the basket for......Michael Bishop?

Of all the good things the Pissant has done, this was his biggest miscalculation so far.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

This year the Alouettes seem to have rebounded to where they were from about 1999 through to 2004 when Molson Stadium was the toughest place in the league for a road team to pull out a victory.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Lion Guy wrote:
DanoT wrote:Riders D may make AC and the Als look ordinary this weekend.

That's all they need to be. Riders have no offence. Starts with QB; Riders don't have one. I'm not sure what Tillman and Miller were thing putting all their eggs (Marcus Crandell) in one basket. And then throwing out the basket for......Michael Bishop?

Of all the good things the Pissant has done, this was his biggest miscalculation so far.
Maybe a bit of a miscalculation but maybe also as much about "Who do you get"? They decided they couldn't afford KJ but it isn't like you can just rush out and get a starting QB. Their praise of Crandell was crap but what would you expect them to say? "He is lousy and we are going to suck with him at the helm"! Clearly Steven Jyles isn't turning out what they expected him to be either or perhaps they would have gone with him rather than bringing in Bishop. Maybe they should have been developing a QB all those years they stuck with Crandell and maybe Durant will be that guy but it is really hard to assess what they would be right now with a full team. Don't even know how Doug Flutie would have done with this situation. Tillman is on year 2 of what I expect to be a three year run. If he wears out his welcome in Riderland like he did here or gets tired of the incessant spotlight, I can see him leaving.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I don't think Miller gave Bishop enough of an opportunity in the last game against the Lions. Durant wasn't any better and IMO Bishop is a better runner than Durant and once Cates was injured the Rider's QB should have become more of a runner. So I think coaching decisions are part of Riders lack of
Offense.
Wakesbetterthanyou
Legend

DanoT wrote:I don't think Miller gave Bishop enough of an opportunity in the last game against the Lions. Durant wasn't any better and IMO Bishop is a better runner than Durant and once Cates was injured the Rider's QB should have become more of a runner. So I think coaching decisions are part of Riders lack of
Offense.
bishop was way better, he was 4-6 for 106 yrds, 0td 1int
durant wasnt even close......in 3 quarters.
Check out my lions art http://lionbackers.com/bc_lions/viewtop ... =4&t=15940

How does a rider fan spell dynasty????

O N E
Rammer
Team Captain

Wakesbetterthanyou wrote:
DanoT wrote:I don't think Miller gave Bishop enough of an opportunity in the last game against the Lions. Durant wasn't any better and IMO Bishop is a better runner than Durant and once Cates was injured the Rider's QB should have become more of a runner. So I think coaching decisions are part of Riders lack of
Offense.
bishop was way better, he was 4-6 for 106 yrds, 0td 1int
durant wasnt even close......in 3 quarters.
Except what Bishop was doing was also a knock against him for his entire career, improvising. He could have had (should have had) the long play to Dressler picked and the INT to close out another drive was the killer, as he threw that one terrible and up for grabs. The message has been sent loud and clear to him, run the plays that are sent in or you will be pulled. This may be what the Riders need, but with Bishop having to focus I don't expect to see all that much. The only way for him to make the grade is to have a game plan of 1st read, 2nd read is a dump pass to an RB and 3rd is to run. Limiting his reads is the most likely way to maximize his efficiency. The Als pose a very fast D, something that he is going to have difficulty with IMO. Oh did I say, Go Als Go!
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:Not discouraged at all; no one likes to be wrong is all. 8)
In which case I should be making predictions all the time. After 20 years of marriage I'm used to being wrong all day every day. :surrender: