Neil Macrae unloads on Wally and the Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Lionheart
Hall of Famer

First of all, his name is Kneel. Get it right.

Second, I'm glad yous have mentioned Big Al. I remember quite clearly when kneel started in his departure and he was all but a pencil thin nobody lacking personality. His attempt to become someone was to try very very hard to be another Al, and he was failing because it just didn't come across as genuine. It still doens't.

His latest rants (sorry Dave, not to be confused with the real rants) are completely born out of ignorant frustration at his station losing the Lions.

If you guessed I don't tune in much you'd be right.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:First of all, his name is Kneel. Get it right.
:rotf: :rotf:
Soundy
Hall of Famer

Yeah, ya know, I didn't mind his shtick quite so much when it was about Brian Burke, because Burkie could always give as good as he got, which made for some entertaining banter... but Wally and Nonis and the like don't play that game, which just makes it one-sided ranting that just sounds stupid.
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
bumblebee

I recall 'Big Al' once getting into a disagreement with Bobby Ackles.......don't remember the context but do remember Al saying "He would eat crow if..........." --- anyways it was a bit of a hothead statement and he lost, and true to his word CKNW had a well known Vancouver chef come to the studio and cook a crow and Al ate it in front of Bobby Ackles. Quite the program that day. Showed Al could be good sport........

Too bad all things said couldn't come true because I'm pretty sure I've heard Neil McRae say, "I'd be a rat's ass if........"
Soundy
Hall of Famer

bumblebee wrote:Too bad all things said couldn't come true because I'm pretty sure I've heard Neil McRae say, "I'd be a rat's ass if........"
But... that one DID come true!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

WestCoastJoe wrote:
Soundy wrote:
... a hate-filled tirade on Wally Buono and the Lions in his sports comment today.
I listened to this and I coulda sworn it was 120db talking...
Hmmmm ... Has anyone from LB met 120db?

Maybe 120db is Neil McRae, changing his syntax, grammar, and spelling (mabey - maybe) etc. to disguise himself, so he can sneak on here to diss the Lions and Buono. :wink:
they couldn't be the same person.... unlike McRae, I think 120db has actually been to 1 game in the last 20 years. Or maybe he just got someone to hang the bedsheet for him?
bclion99

MacRae's rants are even more pathetic when one considers he rarely attends games on which he comments and has admitted he will not enter locker rooms of those he criticizes.
Wimp? Indeed.
lion24
Legend

I was wondering if this is the guy that got into a hollering match with Bryan Hall on, I believe Sportsnet, a while ago and said the Esks backed their way into the 2005 Cup and that the Lions imploded? While I agree he seems like a moron if this is the guy I sort of agreed with his rant on the 2005 season.
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
120dB
Legend

be interesting to hear what poop doesn't stink comments McRae has for the Lions Monday morning

good to see Wally and the Lions shove those poop doesn't stink comments right back down Mcrae's throat!

would'nt mind seeing McRae at the bottom of that pile during that brawl
Balraj
All Star

Yea I'm not a big CKNW fan either ever since the lions left and since stories such as Bruce Allen's Immigrant Bashing. But after listening to this I'm pretty sure i'll tune out of cknw for a long time.
smphantom
Legend

Balraj wrote:since stories such as Bruce Allen's Immigrant Bashing.
Stories?
You shouldn't believe stories - try listening to the facts of what what was said by Bruce Allen, before passing judgement.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

smphantom wrote:
Balraj wrote:since stories such as Bruce Allen's Immigrant Bashing.
Stories?
You shouldn't believe stories - try listening to the facts of what what was said by Bruce Allen, before passing judgement.
Agreed. I don't know what the idiotic "racist" fuss is about. Tell it to Donovan McNabb.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Bruce Allen is no Doug Collins.
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
Soundy
Hall of Famer

More to the point, Bruce Allen is demanding some respect for Canadian LAWS.

Note that I didn't hear the remark, or his subsequent appearance on Christie Clark's show; I'm just reading about it in today's paper. However, based on that alone:

He doesn't specify any country, culture or race as the source of the "troublesome" immigrants. His comments can be equally applied to WASP immigrants from England, Germany, or any other predominantly white country, who choose to come here and flaunt our laws.

He mentions other instances where he disagrees with Canada's poor treatment of immigrants based on their ethnicity and cultures, specifically an instance of passport officials not accepting some Sikhs' photos of them wearing their turbans.
(\__/)
Soundy
Hall of Famer

BTW, said Province article is here: http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 10&k=48103
(\__/)