Neil Macrae unloads on Wally and the Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Why would his year be done, 120? Just curious.
smphantom
Legend

You folks are playing right in to Neil's hands. He wants all this attention, as it is all part of his on-air act. He loves people talking about him around the water cooler, on message boards etc.
Stay thirsty my friends.
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

Doesn't make my job any easier. :roll:
Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Jim Mullin wrote:Doesn't make my job any easier. :roll:
No, I would imagine not. You're one of the good ones, Jim! You work your butt off to bring the Lions to the forefront on 'NW, and we appreciate the effort. Must be highly frustrating to have to work with that kind of energy.
Real women wear orange!!
O'Shea

Thanks to this lovely clip of broadcasting excellence, I see I have been right in staying away from NW all these years. :thdn:

Calling Wally Buono arrogant and the Lions a bunch of prima donnas??!! :? I guess Macrae never shuts up long enough to have heard: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Clearly Neil is too in love with the sound of his own voice to bother. :sigh: If you listen to NW, you pay this moron's salary.

The fans know the team didn't show in the 2nd half. Wally, the coaching staff and the players know they didn't show in the 2nd half... so they review game tapes, rework plays and move on.

Did Macrae's commentary display any real football knowledge? No, it is glaringly evident he has no intelligent opinion on the BC Lions. He had to resort to insulting the entire Lions organization just to get enough filler to make the scheduled time for his segment. :roll: Two minutes of Dead Air would have been more productive. :yes:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Jim Mullin wrote:Doesn't make my job any easier. :roll:
You have to change his dribble cup, do you?

Sorry to hear that.
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

As far as Buono being arrogant........think back to the opinion you had of the guy when he was still in Calgary.........it's not pretty.
Lloyd
nelson95
Legend

Lions will rebound

Whenever a good team like this falters midseason I think of the 49ers of 1994 losing at home to Philly 40-8. A game so bad, Steve Young was pulled mid-series. Guess who won the super bowl that season.

And the CFL ain't the NFL at the 2000 Lions can atest
Give the ball to LeeRoy!
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

Wait a second... Neil Macrae is still on the radio?
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.
Gerry
Legend

smphantom wrote:You folks are playing right in to Neil's hands. He wants all this attention, as it is all part of his on-air act. He loves people talking about him around the water cooler, on message boards etc.
Bingo.

McRae is not serious about anything he says. He probably couldn't remember his own "point of view" on anything a few days later. All he wants to do is be controversial. It was the same with his predecessor at 'NW, Al Davidson. He was another loud mouthed foul mannered blowhard, and it worked for him. McRae simply followed the Davidson formula, and for the amount of time he's been at "NW, it seems to be working.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Ya Gerry, but Neil fixed ol' Al's wagon, now didn't he?

I feel like a boat ride all of a sudden. :twisted:
Gerry
Legend

Solar Max wrote:Ya Gerry, but Neil fixed ol' Al's wagon, now didn't he?

Tell us the story. I missed it. Maybe I was living in Calgary then. I know Davidson used to have "Seawatch Charters" or something like that...2 boats if I recall. I did some carpentry work for Davidson's partner in that business.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

You guys need to relax over what Windbag McRae says or not says. It's all about the ratings.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Gerry wrote:
Solar Max wrote:Ya Gerry, but Neil fixed ol' Al's wagon, now didn't he?

Tell us the story. I missed it. Maybe I was living in Calgary then. I know Davidson used to have "Seawatch Charters" or something like that...2 boats if I recall. I did some carpentry work for Davidson's partner in that business.
I'll talk to a lawyer and see if I should. :twisted:
WestCoastJoe
Hall of Famer

... a boat ... an overnight fire ... an insurance claim ... a trial ... etc.

I don't remember the results.