Neil Macrae unloads on Wally and the Lions

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

I'm not sure it's even worth wasting band-width on this blowhard (does he even have relevance in broadasting circles anymore? I mean, really. I'm not so sure anyone takes his tired-ass "opinions" seriously anymore). Regardless, for those that care, he unleashed a hate-filled tirade on Wally Buono and the Lions in his sports comment today.

It's in the CKWN audio vault for about 12:20pm today, but I believe you have to register with the station - hardly worth anyone's time.

audio vault here

(Paraphrasing) he said such things as:

* the Lions organization walk around thinking their *poop* don't stink
* they need to come back down to earth as think they're more important than they really are; only about 30,000 people here actually give a crap about them.
* Wally will send one of his "bum buddies" to get the tape of this. Went on about Wally's arrogance etc. mocking his comments about how, if we'd only made a play here or a play there, we would have won 2 of the games we lost - calls it one the dumbest quotes of the year.
* the club was too cheap to send Dickenson to Montreal - the team could have used his expertise (NOTE TO THE CLUELESS ONE: quarterbacking was not the reason we lost the game: 4 turnovers and a soft defense was).
* The team isn't as good as it thinks it is, that the Montreal game looks good on them (obviously he's hoping like hell they'll implode).
* etc. etc.
:sleep:

DH 8)
Last edited by David on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roar, You Lions, Roar
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

Like you said, David, he really doesn't have any relevance in this market. Anyone who knows and loves the game knows who to listen to and who NOT to listen to. The only aspect of McCrae that is consistent is, he knows very little about a lot of things. Take him for what he's worth folks:

Real women wear orange!!
No Ordinary Joe
Legend

Wow, can this guy get any more spiteful? It's almost comical now.
DerekDD
Starter

Utterly ridiculous.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

No Ordinary Joe wrote:Wow, can this guy get any more spiteful? It's almost comical now.
Him and Bryan Hall should get a show together. With their combined knowledge of football, they could fill, oh......5 minutes? The rest could be ads for Tony Roma's and ulcer medications. :roll:
Real women wear orange!!
hwgill
Legend

McRae is a dirtbag, and when I used to listen to 'NW (for 20 years), I ALWAYS turned to a different station the moment I heard McRae's voice. The guy's worse than simply opinionated...he lies when it suits his "opinions". He is one guy who should NOT have a job in sports, let alone broadcasting.
" ... a team not being prepared to play is the head coach’s responsibility.” - Jim Barker
lion24
Legend

CatsEyes wrote:
No Ordinary Joe wrote:Wow, can this guy get any more spiteful? It's almost comical now.
Him and Bryan Hall should get a show together. With their combined knowledge of football, they could fill, oh......5 minutes? The rest could be ads for Tony Roma's and ulcer medications. :roll:
:wss: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
120dB
Legend

What's so wrong or irrelevant about the points Neil made? He was aggressive but not completely wrong. Mabey he just wants to light a fire under the team? Have the Lions said outright that Dave was not in a physical condition for a 5 hour flight? Don't shoot down Neil on that point unless you have evidence that Dave was too sick to fly.

If Dave was well enough to go, then the Lions didn't fly him to Montreal in order to save money, and yeah, THAT IS CHEAP! He's the most expensive player on the roster!

Especially considering David Braley had enough money to donate $ 70 million to McMaster University, so it's not like Lions ownership is pennyless.

What I look for this week is 1. inspired practices with lots of intensity and focus and

2. a press conference signing Jason Clermont to a multi year deal; that has to happen this week, no more playing around and talking; just do it

the Lions need some positive publicity and news coverage this week. And the team better sharpen its pencil this week cause Saskatchewan can win their way to First Place and Calgary is 2 pts behind B.C. The Lions could still finish third with no playoff game here
lion24
Legend

120dB wrote:What's so wrong or irrelevant about the points Neil made? He was aggressive but not completely wrong. Mabey he just wants to light a fire under the team? Have the Lions said outright that Dave was not in a physical condition for a 5 hour flight? Don't shoot down Neil on that point unless you have evidence that Dave was too sick to fly.

If Dave was well enough to go, then the Lions didn't fly him to Montreal in order to save money, and yeah, THAT IS CHEAP! He's the most expensive player on the roster!

Especially considering David Braley had enough money to donate $ 70 million to McMaster University, so it's not like Lions ownership is pennyless.

What I look for this week is 1. inspired practices with lots of intensity and focus and

2. a press conference signing Jason Clermont to a multi year deal; that has to happen this week, no more playing around and talking; just do it

the Lions need some positive publicity and news coverage this week. And the team better sharpen its pencil this week cause Saskatchewan can win their way to First Place and Calgary is 2 pts behind B.C. The Lions could still finish third with no playoff game here
Mabey you're right; maybe not? :roll: or mabey I should have included this in the grammar police thread :?
Thank you for everything you did for OUR Lions Mr.Ackles, we will never forget you...RIP
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

120dB wrote: The Lions need some positive publicity and news coverage this week.
I agree with you there. I do NOT think that the bile that McCrae spews is the right way to positively highlight the team, however. All that serves to do is keep the fence-sitters at home, and the naysayers will keep saying "See? I was right! Neil said so, and he's on the RADIO, so he's telling the TRUTH! Dadgum those dadratted no-good Lions anyway!" :roll:
Real women wear orange!!
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

One wonders how he stays out of the hospital.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I think some of you should be ashamed of yourselves; I mean, really.

Neil deserves to be taken care of in the best way our society can do so; after all, we work very hard for other mentally handicapped individuals such as Neil every day. Think of Neil as that poor mutt grovelling for a morsel in garbage cans; Neil can't get stories on his own, so he makes up slanderous ones instead. He insn't mentally capable enough to actually do what journalists do.

He'd like to be Howard Stern, but he isn't witty enough.
He'd like to be Tom Leykis, but he can't even spell Tom's name.
He'd like to be Rosie O'Donnell, but he's still trying to figure out how to become a lesbian.

Neil McRae deserves better; I think we should take up a collection to get him some help, and then send him to journalism school.

We now return you to politically incorrect programming.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I think McRae had a similar editorial 5 years earlier except it was "only 15,000 that actually gives a crap about them."

Must kill him to see the Lions popularity growing, especially after ditching NW.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

That rant after Ackles left Corus, well that was one for the ages, SG. Wish I still had that on tape.

Then they lost the Canucks on top of it. Neil, looks good on ya.
120dB
Legend

Okay I just heard Neil's comments, what's the problem with what Neil said? He's telling it like it is; the Lions played awful and some of the players should shape up or ship out

the Lions play that way Saturday night and they'll be booed off the field

and furthermore, if they don't fly Dickenson to Saskatchewan on the 22nd his year is done