UBC-Manitoba battle for home playoff game Saturday.

Discuss the NHL, NFL, CIS, NCAA, Lacrosse, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Motorsports, Golf, Rugby, Amateur Sport, Curling, Wrestling ... Whatever Sport or Leisure activity you like!

Moderator: Team Captains

Jim Mullin
Team Captain

All that and more on this edition of Krown Countdown U:

Krown Countdown U on CHCH TV and the TSN Radio Network.
peeby
Starter

Will probably check it out. Have seen SFU and UBC games and liked what I saw. May even go.

The Jim Mullin of that CFL ratio history article a couple years ago? Great article. Explained a few things I wondered about when I thought about the Blue Bombers of my youth. I'm pretty sure Kenny Ploen and Frank Rigney could have played in the NFL, but the Canadians on that team all came from junior football. Aside from a couple of them (Gerry James, Steve Patrick), it's difficult to see how the Bombers would have such a good team. Some of the Americans might have been naturalized. The other thing is that I seem to recall quite a few imports would play on offence and defence. Herb Gray at guard and DE, I think. Can't remember the others, though Kenny Ploen played safety sometimes.

I would read more articles like yours if they were available. Seems the CFL doesn't do enough to get the word out there as to what good football they play here.